It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:00 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Insane stuttering in fullscreen
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:46 am 

I am not sure if this has been reported before..

So, the game just released and for me it is completely unplayable due to extreme stuttering (feels like skipping frames), which happens most of the time during gameplay regardless of the settings I am playing at. Framerate is steady and consistent by the way

I just found that this stuttering is heavily reduced (almost gone) when running the game in windowed mode.

What causes this stutter in fullscreen mode, is there any proper way to fix it?

GTX 460
Intel Core i7 2600k @3,4 GHZ
8 GB RAM
Win7

I've tried without success:

lowering settings to minimum
turning on off V-Sync
limiting/unlimiting FPS
different drivers
power management modes

Will this be fixed in a patch?

Post subject: Re: Insane stuttering in fullscreen
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:59 pm 

I have pretty much the same specs as you, except with a 560 Ti and have the exact same problem.

Fraps shows a constant 60 fps, but it still stutters. I have tried various different settings, but nothing fixes it in full screen mode.

I really hope the fix because playing in windowed mode is not that great :-(

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:33 pm 

I read on steam forums that if you disable vsync and/or set frame limiter to 59 or 58 fps, the stuttering disappeares, but I did not test this yet.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:08 pm 

I read that as well, and tried to do it, but the framerate limiter only allowed me to set it at 15,30, and 60.

I couldn't figure out how to change it to a specific number like 58 or 59. Let me know if you figure out how to do this.

I did however try setting it with Nvidia Inspector but that didn't work.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:12 pm 

Any kind of framecapping or V-Sync causes this stutter for me, only windowed or uncapping the framerate+ no V-Sync solve this issue, however neither of these are acceptable solutions, I can't stand screen tearing and my card gets unneccessary hot.

The stutter completely breaks the game, please fix it!
I finally want to play!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:24 am 

I have the same issue with the jerky stuttering bad frame rate in full screen mode when enabling v-sync or frame rate caps. When running in window mode it runs at a smooth 60fps in the areas I compared. Altering resolution & lowering the settings makes no difference to the bad frame rate/stuttering in full screen mode.

My PC specs are GTX 670 2gb (using driver 301.42 WHQL), Intel I5 3570k @3.4ghz & 8GB ram, Windows 7

I am using normal AA & all settings at max apart from motion blur off, frame limiter off, v-sync on & at fullscreen 1080p60hz.

PLEASE fix this so I can play the game as intended. Many thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:30 am 

Same here. With VSync off, the game is smooth as silk, but my GPU generates more heat than it should. I don't want to run the game at 120 FPS, I just want 60!

Between the stuttering, the constant random crashes and the impossibility of changing the graphic options from inside the game, playing Sleeping Dogs is becoming a chore. Pity, because the game is actually good.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:01 pm 

I have the same issue too - stuttering badly with either V-sync, frame limiter or extreme AA Individually On, Or all of these options On. If All are Off, no stuttering (but screen tearing with V-sync Off) - I hate screen tearing too, and would love if this was fixed. Plus I turned off in-game AA and use Nvidia's AA instead with good results with FPS. Furthermore, i'm using the free texture patch from Steam.

Also I have the Exact same system as "TheShape2012" - i5 3570K @ 3.4GHz stock, 8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance LP, MSI GTX 670 Power Edition :D , Corsair TX650 PSU & Windows 7 Home 64bit with Nvidia beta 304.79 drivers (I was using 301.42 drivers first, but same results with both).

Thanks For Reading

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:15 pm 

I have downloaded msi afterburner & used the enclosed program that lets you frame cap a game and using that set to 60 fps cap and v-sync on in the nvidia control panel. In game v-sync and frame rate cap are set to off and it is set to full screen. I now have no weird stuttering on the Benchmark or in the few scenes i tried only normal frame rate drops. There were a few stutters on occasion when i had a quick run around but it is a 97% improvement. The game now seems playable in full screen with v-sync. Hope this continues as i start to play the game for proper now.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:56 am 

hi to all...

there is some news about this stuttering issue? I mean , the developers are aware of it ?
There is a patch in the works for fixing this issue ??? :worship:

I hope yes , because it's 100 times better on the ps3 regarding framerate... :eek:

best to all...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:07 am 

Forgot to mention in my previous post you need to set the option of detection to high in the frame limiter part of riva-tuner you get with msi afterburner. Seems to be working great at the moment.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:22 pm 

i don t want to mess with third party programs to have a working game.... i have payed for a bug free game , so i want an official fix from the developers!! They must fix this stuttering issue or at least tell us how to obtain a silk smooth 60 fps with no stuttering or micro stuttering !! the game is great but this fps problems ruins everything..... :(

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:07 am 

any news.... ??

regards....

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:17 am 

Hey I just got this game probebly about a week ago and I have screan tearing but the worste is the sound, it will repeat itself if im driving but now even when im running around sounds will stutter and repeat is there a fix to the frames yet?