It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:44 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: New patch?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:25 am
Posts: 16
But.....they just said what the patch does....I'm sure they would inform us if they didn't have so much to fix. Like I had explained before. BUT no one seems to understand that so clearly I am fighting a horrifyingly losing battle. Anywho keep up the beautiful work UFG :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New patch?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:25 am
Posts: 16
Also does anyone else in the US have this issue? I'm checking to see if it's mainly a regional thing because apparently mine isn't undefined.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New patch?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:43 am
Posts: 38
Location: Sydney, AUS
Well aside of everything being repeated.... is there any news about if the censored content included in the patch was a mistake or was it intentional? :poke:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New patch?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:56 am 
Offline
Community Manager
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:37 am
Posts: 1173
Location: London, UK
YoGiFiEd wrote:
Well aside of everything being repeated.... is there any news about if the censored content included in the patch was a mistake or was it intentional? :poke:

I don't think it was done on purpose. Please send me a PM with the full etails and I'll get a bug logged, if one hasn't been done so already.

As for the last patch, like I said - it was to add functionality support for upcoming DLC packs. That's what it did. Version 1.9 was the last Windows PC patch to carry to significant bug fixes.

_________________
Square Enix London Studios Community Manager


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New patch?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:31 pm 
Offline
Forum Top Dog
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:27 pm
Posts: 4769
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania
Monkeythumbz wrote:
Version 1.9 was the last Windows PC patch to carry to significant bug fixes.

Wait, so there will be no more bug fixing patches? 1.9 did a fix a lot of things for me, but for some it ruined the frame rate etc.

_________________
Image

Sleeping Dogs Wiki: http://sleepingdogs.wikia.com/wiki/Sleeping_Dogs_Wiki

True Crime/Sleeping Dogs The Movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=at0X_EJr81k


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New patch?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:41 pm 
Offline
Community Manager
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:37 am
Posts: 1173
Location: London, UK
SleepingDogs wrote:
Monkeythumbz wrote:
Version 1.9 was the last Windows PC patch to carry to significant bug fixes.

Wait, so there will be no more bug fixing patches? 1.9 did a fix a lot of things for me, but for some it ruined the frame rate etc.

No, I expect there will be more patches for the PC version. No details to hand at present, though.

_________________
Square Enix London Studios Community Manager


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New patch?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:51 pm 
Offline
Forum Top Dog
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:27 pm
Posts: 4769
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania
Cool, thanks George :wave:

_________________
Image

Sleeping Dogs Wiki: http://sleepingdogs.wikia.com/wiki/Sleeping_Dogs_Wiki

True Crime/Sleeping Dogs The Movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=at0X_EJr81k


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New patch?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:22 pm
Posts: 52
So UFG: I recently downloaded 2GB worth of additional patched data and I have no clue as to what it contained due to complete lack of any information about it. It just pops out and that's it. No info about it.
Can you finally answer why there's such an disinformation from your side? I needed to download 2GB of additional data without having ANY CLUE as to what it contains.
Can you please after so many of my posts finally give me an answer to it?

It really shouldn't work like this that nearly every time that the new update is going live, we need to create our own threads while hoping that you will notice it and maybe give us an answer. You are the developers, we are customers who paid for your product (and keeps on supporting you by buying DLCs ), and as such we deserve to be properly informed about anything that is happening with/or to the game, mainly these patches.
Thanks in advance for the response .

PS. Sorry for a repeated post but I'm still waiting for an answer from one of UFG moderators.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New patch?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:14 pm 
Offline
Community Manager
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:37 am
Posts: 1173
Location: London, UK
Budyll wrote:
So UFG: I recently downloaded 2GB worth of additional patched data and I have no clue as to what it contained due to complete lack of any information about it. It just pops out and that's it. No info about it.
Can you finally answer why there's such an disinformation from your side? I needed to download 2GB of additional data without having ANY CLUE as to what it contains.
Can you please after so many of my posts finally give me an answer to it?

It really shouldn't work like this that nearly every time that the new update is going live, we need to create our own threads while hoping that you will notice it and maybe give us an answer. You are the developers, we are customers who paid for your product (and keeps on supporting you by buying DLCs ), and as such we deserve to be properly informed about anything that is happening with/or to the game, mainly these patches.
Thanks in advance for the response .

PS. Sorry for a repeated post but I'm still waiting for an answer from one of UFG moderators.

Dude, I am that guy and I have replied to you already. Please stop posting spam or I'll be forced to take action.

_________________
Square Enix London Studios Community Manager


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New patch?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 12
Monkeythumbz wrote:
Dude, I am that guy and I have replied to you already. Please stop posting spam or I'll be forced to take action.


Where did you reply to him? I'm curious about what was patched, as well. I've seen where you said that the patch added support for future DLC, but I didn't see where you said that:

A: Cutscenes were modified and censored
B: Wei REALLY loves motorcycle helmets now
C: Framerates got cut and stuttering was introduced
etc

Did you already post a full changelog, or was the "Support for future DLC" the only planned part of the patch?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New patch?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:03 pm 
Offline
Community Manager
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:37 am
Posts: 1173
Location: London, UK
Jim655321 wrote:
Monkeythumbz wrote:
Dude, I am that guy and I have replied to you already. Please stop posting spam or I'll be forced to take action.


Where did you reply to him? I'm curious about what was patched, as well. I've seen where you said that the patch added support for future DLC, but I didn't see where you said that:

A: Cutscenes were modified and censored
B: Wei REALLY loves motorcycle helmets now
C: Framerates got cut and stuttering was introduced
etc

Did you already post a full changelog, or was the "Support for future DLC" the only planned part of the patch?

A. It wasn't our intention to censor anything and I've informed the team about that issue. Let's keep this one in perspective, given the scope and nature of this particular issue.
B. This is a new one for me, what's the issue here?
C. I'll flag this too, although I've not seen widespread reports of this, especially after our efforts to fix this in v1.9.

The only planned part of the patch was the support for future DLC, the messaging I received was as follows: "We’ve put Sleeping Dogs Patch 2.0 live this morning. This is primarily to add support for the DLC packs being released this week. I don’t believe there are any user-facing fixes for existing content in this patch".

_________________
Square Enix London Studios Community Manager


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New patch?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 12
Since this most recent patch, Wei stops to fiddle with a helmet any time he's near a motorcycle.
I only saw helmets during races before, and now this is happening:




There was already the double kickstart previously, I got used to that. No big deal.
Now after the patch he also stops to put on a helmet first. Every time. Even while being shot. And there is no control during the animation. Either putting it on or taking it off. You have to stand there and watch him do it, no matter what else is going on at the time.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New patch?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:23 pm 
Offline
Community Manager
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:37 am
Posts: 1173
Location: London, UK
Yeah, that has *always* happened. I'm not sure how you could have avoided seeing Wei stick on a helmet each and every time he jumps on a motorbike, 'cos that's how the game has always worked. Nothing has changed in this regard since release.

_________________
Square Enix London Studios Community Manager


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New patch?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:31 pm 
Offline
Community Manager
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:37 am
Posts: 1173
Location: London, UK
Unless you were wearing a baseball cap or other such item of headwear. If Wei is already wearing a hat, he doesn't always put on a helmet.

_________________
Square Enix London Studios Community Manager


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New patch?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 12
I guess mine was bugged before the patch, then. It wasn't doing that before, and I used bikes as much as possible.
I noticed immediately because I just started playing the game a few days before this patch and it patched between sessions one day. So one minute I was riding a bike with no helmet, then a half hour later Wei got really safety-conscious on me.

Monkeythumbz wrote:
Unless you were wearing a baseball cap or other such item of headwear. If Wei is already wearing a hat, he doesn't always put on a helmet.


That must be it. I think I may have been using the shaggy hair "hat" a lot before (for the face XP). So that counts as a hat and he wouldn't waste time with a helmet every time, maybe? Time to put the wig back on.

The timing was just weird, I guess. I maxed my face xp right before I quit playing for a little while, so I made the wardrobe change as I started the new session, right after the patch, and the helmet shenanigans started.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group