It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:50 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Enduro is not challenging, it is simply terrible
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:41 pm 

Racing games are perhaps my favorite genre. They're up there with fighting games, but the advantage to racers is that they are still tons of fun when you don't have someone else to play with (rarely the case with fighters) so they are probably #1 with me and I got the racing pack DLC to add a bit more of that into the game.

There are some MAJOR issues with the Enduro race. I have played games with rubberbanding before, but it's usually just to try and keep the AI with you so if you make some mistakes they'll pass you. The idea is that if you mess up they'll be ahead, and if you hit perfect lines you'll be able to catch up with them. That is not how rubberbanding in this race worked.

I played it about a dozen times and every time I managed to race nice and clean and get well in the lead, then on the freeway the other racers would magically start going twice as fast as me, catch up and pass me. Some would crash, but there was always one that would stay about 50 meters ahead of me. That is not a challenge, that is cheating. We are all supposed to have the same bike, yes? So how to they magically zoom past me when I'm going top speed on the freeway?

I usually don't bother to raise any official complaints, but this eventually made me very angry and I just had to quit the game entirely because I was so disgusted by the terrible design. In two of the races it was one guy who zoomed past me on the final stretch, not even any turns left, nothing I could do. It's easily some of the worst racing I have played in any kind of game for the last decade. If you're making Sleeping Dogs 2 or thinking of adding any more racing DLC, please try not to repeat this garbage.

Post subject: Re: Enduro is not challenging, it is simply terrible
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:30 pm 

I feel you on this one. Took me several tries before I finally beat it. Many times I was in the lead and suddenly got passed in the final stretch on that last turn in the alley. Somehow was able to just race it perfectly and finish 1st. Some have found it easier to use the 1100 NA-R as it handles better.

Post subject: Re: Enduro is not challenging, it is simply terrible
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:55 am 

I'm not sure really, I've not had an issue with the Enduro., took me a couple of tries but once you figure out the perfect routes I found it easy. The only challenge really is smashing into little protruding edges and getting caught on them in the alley or not paying attention and getting nudged.
I used the sting for about the first 4 tries then I said heck to it and went to the 1100NAR. The Sting has a lower top speed, worse handling and wheel spins off the starting line.
As for being over taken it's never happened on straights for me. If you get ahead in a corner which is basically your only real chance to us skill to overtake them besides relying on them slowing for a car, I find they'll never catch up (unless you use the Sting)