It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:09 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Will sleeping dogs work on Intel graphics card..
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:00 am 

So guys i was going to buy this game when it just came to my mind that i don't even know if this will work. So i skimmed through the system requirements and i found that most of the things were fine. But the main problem is with my Intel HD Graphic cards.
So please if anyone experience or who has tried it can tell me if it'll work on my laptop or not.

Here are my specifications-
Image-- Cpu specifications
Image-- Graphics specification
Image -- My RAM

I do not mind decreasing the resolution and game quality if the game will run smooth after that.

Last edited by EvilRespawn on Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Will sleeping dogs work on my PC.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:21 am 

After spending all that money on a modern PC, you're completely bottle-necking it with lousy Intel graphics? Makes no sense....

Post subject: Re: Will sleeping dogs work on my PC.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:26 am 

sbdb12 wrote:
After spending all that money on a modern PC, you're completely bottle-necking it with lousy Intel graphics? Makes no sense....

They are integrated mate.Can't you see.
It's not a custom build.

And please to answer ontopic.

Post subject: Re: Will sleeping dogs work on Intel graphics card..
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:49 am 

check on this site:
Code:
http://www.canyourunit.com

for me result of test says fail but game works smoothly on low graphics level

EDIT:
but my video card is pretty much better than yours I think - GF 9600M GT 1GB DDR2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:33 am 

JamesHuntPL wrote:
check on this site:
Code:
http://www.canyourunit.com

for me result of test says fail but game works smoothly on low graphics level

EDIT:
but my video card is pretty much better than yours I think - GF 9600M GT 1GB DDR2

I know that site mate. It is not a very accurate as i fail in every game because developers don't list intel cards but they still work..
So i wanted to know from someone who uses a intel card or from tech team.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:02 pm 

I believe the Arrandale-era Intel IGPs have the driver support to RUN the game, but I would not expect the performance to be anywhere near acceptable.

I understand you are using a laptop, but I'd really consider saving up for a new one, building a desktop, or getting a console if I were you.

Additionally, I would NOT trust those websites that claim to tell if your system can run a game. With hardware evolving so rapidly, these things can't keep up and tend to give inaccurate results.

For example, one of those websites once claimed my modern rig is incapable of running Battlefield 2, despite its ability to run Battlefield 3 at 1920x1080 on high settings.

Wii, Xbox 360, Nintendo DS, 3DS, PSP

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:18 pm 

machoman1337 wrote:
I believe the Arrandale-era Intel IGPs have the driver support to RUN the game, but I would not expect the performance to be anywhere near acceptable.

I understand you are using a laptop, but I'd really consider saving up for a new one, building a desktop, or getting a console if I were you.

Additionally, I would NOT trust those websites that claim to tell if your system can run a game. With hardware evolving so rapidly, these things can't keep up and tend to give inaccurate results.

For example, one of those websites once claimed my modern rig is incapable of running Battlefield 2, despite its ability to run Battlefield 3 at 1920x1080 on high settings.

Perfectly said about these websites.
But as you say the game will run but performance wont be acceptable. What if i decrease the video quality??

I really wanna play this game man.Also i have a wallet coupon on steam worth 50$ so this is the best thing to buy for it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:26 pm 

Well, you're in luck, someone took the time to benchmark Sleeping Dogs on Intel HD and youtube it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hR-keGTM2g

The creator has a video capture program running which cuts his framerate in half, so I'd make an educated guess and say that you CAN get 30+ fps at lowest settings (my baseline for acceptable performance).

P.S. Youtube, IMO, is the best way to see how your graphics card handles a new game. Sometimes people don't use video capture and just film the game on the screen with a handheld camera, which is a more accurate measure of performance.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:32 pm 

Why bother it will look so bad and performance will be so bad you may as well get a second hand 360 and buy it on console if you don't already have a console.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:47 pm 

OLDCell wrote:
Why bother it will look so bad and performance will be so bad you may as well get a second hand 360 and buy it on console if you don't already have a console.

OP here mentions he has a $50 steam voucher and it's possible he doesn't have access to other forms of money. This suggestion was already put forward and if he rejected it then I'm sure it's not a feasible option.

My recommendation is - if you really, really want to play it now, then sure use that voucher on the game. You will be able to run it, it should be playable for the most part, and if you can ignore bad graphics and possibly random fps dips, then you'll have a good time.

Man, this reminds me of high school when all I had was a hand-me-down laptop that would lag on large servers in counter strike. I did have a console but I mostly borrowed games rather than buy them. Ironically I still discovered many great franchises on the PC like deus ex and max payne, despite having to run at the worst settings without guarantee of a steady framerate.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:30 pm 

Nope it was not mentioned at all or rejected. OP has not stated if he has a console or not, so a better suggestion than trying to run the game below even console graphics and performance on a very limited PC is to get it on console.

Or upgrade the PC to a point where it will be playable.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:14 pm 

I play Sleeping Dogs on an Intel GMA 4500MHD at 512x384 resolution and all settings to lowest except shadows.
It is pretty playable for me at 12 fps. 12 fps is playable for me. The only problem is have is the same one running sleeping Dogs on Radeon HD 3650. I dont have my health bar and face bar visble, though had the HUD. Also, The game doesnt show any attck controls like " Hold to do a heavy attack". The real game-breaker is that Karaoke mission in which wei sings a karoke. I just cant know what button I should press as those lines are just empty. PLZ HELP ME IF U CAN. :mad2: