It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:41 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Can't map movement to arrow keys
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:02 am 

WTF?!?! I can't map movement to arrow keys? and the numpad keys? IS this game 25 years old?
You know that male with hands man sized can't use wasd, right? and left handed people also use the arrow keys.

Edit
I have sent a support ticket, but you know, a lot of people need this ASAP.

Post subject: Re: Can't map movement to arrow keys
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:35 am 

Please FIX THIS PROBLEM. I am left handed and i cannot use WASD keys, i need to use the ARROW KEYS. This is such a huge oversight, i am not even sure how you could not program the game to map to the arrow keys.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:00 am 

wow really?!
jaywalker specifically said that keys can be remapped. ppl asked this specifically!

while this issue doesnt concern my personally (i will be using a controller), i do understand how this is incredibly frustrating. a game in this day and age has to be a really really crappy port to not support key remapping to whatever you want, and SD doesnt seem like a crappy port....

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:33 am 

Wow, why was this dumped into feature requests???? This is a serious omission on the dev's part not some silly request, wtf?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:04 pm 

This is not a feature request, this is common sense issue.
I can't understand why someone will not let remap arrow-keys to movement. A game with millions on it and you can't do a simple common thing?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:10 pm 
Forum Administrator

The cursor keys have fixed functions on them so that's probably why those specifically cannot be remapped. The numpad keys can be remapped however.

This was moved into Feature Request as its NOT a bug per se as it works as was intended at launch, so this is something people want..

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:46 pm 

Well, this is an issue well known and is not understandable why this is not present ingame. Since early games development this was an issue solved and all games let you bind the arrow keys to movement because everyone knows lefties and man-size handed people use them, or because is just more comfortable. Right now I have an unplayable game.

You can't, under any circumstance block the use of some keys, have no sense. A few years ago this happened with other game (can't remember which one) and they fixed it within the next day.

This is a common sense feature request.

Last edited by PaiSand on Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:18 pm 

This is not something people want, this is something people NEED, if they are for whatever reasons unable to use WSAD keys, it defeats the whole purpose of remappable keys which have been promised, this game is not playable for me and WSAD as lefty is unacceptable!!!!!

This should be a priority fix, not a "we might or might not think about this some time later the next years" thing!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:41 pm 

Jaywalker2309,

This is not something people want. If those people played games with arrow keys, they would be in quite a predicament, correct? How can making standard movement keys unbindable fall into a feature request category? How does it make the game more immersive? Utilizing the numpad keys for movement is not a solution to this problem. It would seem simple to add the phone bindings into the game options and we could move forward with this issue!

I've been playing with arrows keys since the Counter-Strike beta 5.2 days. And while I can play with the WSAD keys, I have to put more focus into what buttons I'm pressing, which means I cannot enjoy the story as much as I'd like, and this ruins the immersion for me. These other poor souls look as if they feel the same way.

Please escalate this issue!! I'd really love to play this game correctly. I pre-ordered based on the amazing gameplay videos, reviews, and word of mouth by fellow gamers. At this point I am feeling a bit duped, as you would never expect unbindable arrow keys to be an issue. I simply would have waited to purchase until a work around has been established.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:34 pm 

I would also liked this to be patched in, i have always used the arrow keys in every game i play, and i'm disappointed this isn't in, it doesn't feel natural when i use WASD keys , Scarface had this issue, and it wasnt patched in and spoilt the game for me.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:43 pm 

I'm seriously considering asking for a refund. For me, the game is unplayable right now because of this issue.

Seriously, the developers are screwing the 10% of gamers (I don't recall the source) that use the arrow keys, instead of wasd.

I'm willing to give the developers a couple of days to fix it, though.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:52 pm 

I will also add my name to the list of people who are asking for a refund.
Left handed player.
I can only play with the arrow keys and surrounding keys.
I pre-ordered this game the minute it was available on greenmangaming.
I havent even installed it, or used my key, and will be asking for a refund, so you guys do not get my money.

If you take this to heart, and fix it so EVERY key can be remapped independently, then I will gladly re-purchase the game.

Thank you.

Edit:
just submitted my request to greenmangaming for a refund.
I WAS going to sell the key, but I dont want to condone this (developement) type of behaviour, and refuse to let you keep my money.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:48 pm 

Yes, I'm asking Steam for my money back. If I don't get it, well, you are going to see my ugly face for a long time.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:49 pm 

Why even offer rebindable controls only for specific keys and not for others, it does not make sense, whats so terrible if I swap phone keys with the movement keys, it worked perfectly well in GTA IV!

And "because we designed it that way" is a silly excuse, because other keys are rebindable, if you "designed it that way" the whole keyboard should not be remapable, you pretty much defeated your own intentions without proper reason...

What good are the shiny graphics if I can't play, controls and functionallity are more important than pretty visuals imho!

Oh, and make the enter and backspace key rebinable too (THE WHOLE KEYBOARD)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:58 pm 

I do hope they patch this soon, I must say, I would not have purchased if I'd known.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next