It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:53 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Can't map movement to arrow keys
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:29 pm 

Insult devs? Where you see insult. But ok I change the contents:
In the future I don`t buy a game produced by United Front Games.

Last edited by Falcon83 on Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:07 pm 
Forum Moderator

I understand you are annoyed by this issue but we do not appreciate insults to the devs.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:11 pm 

We can't congratulate them either for not recognizing this massive oversight. Game is good tho, played for the whole day with my script and enjoyed it minus it's misgivings.

Building on my previous post:
There are still further binds that will suck for arrow users, such as "Q" to leap from one vehicle to another, "L-Shift" to aim and finally "L-Control" which is used while driving to ram other vehicles. I have been able to use those as they are, awkwardly tho but I will try to write the script code for it for those that don't quite understand the program. Read bellow for my original post.

A = swallow(Left)
D = swallow(Right)
W = swallow(Up)
S = swallow(Down)

UP = swallow(Delete)
Leftshift = Rightcontrol
Leftcontrol = NUMPAD0
Q = END

Something to try out anyways, as I said you can get the name of each key in the GUI tab to use your own keys. I am not sure how to avoid the issue of keys doing 2 commands, it's original and it's scripted command, play around with it and if you get better results than mine please post them.

Malice_Unarmed wrote:
Read below on how to use arrows
For those that do not want a refund and are waiting for a patch there is a script program called "GlovePIE" that allows you to change your keyboard keys to act as others. The program is very in-depth with crazy features and using this just to rebind keys doesn't come close to scratch the surface. There is a tutorial that shows you how to do the basic stuff as well as the wiki which can be found by clicking the help tab within the program.

You can get GlovePIE here:
https://sites.google.com/site/carlkenner/glovepie
For the very very basic rebinding you can just enter this in the untitled tab, left of GUI tab, paste this:
---------------------------------
A = swallow(Left)
D = swallow(Right)
W = swallow(Up)
S = swallow(Down)
---------------------------------
You will also need to bind "Up" as another key since that is for your cell phone so it would be
UP = swallow(Delete)
You can select any letter or key, I chose Delete, if you go to GUI tab and select keyboard it shows the names of each key so you can choose whatever, if there is a conflict in the script it will be highlighted red.

THERE will be small error in game with the phone, you press Delete and it will open phone but will also move you a step forward like you pressed up arrow, and to browse phone just keep tapping Delete to cycle through and once again you will take a step forward. Not a big issue just a little odd, if someone knows how to fix that please post since I am a bit of a noob with it. Game plays fine tho with this.

After selecting keys click the Run icon and now to test press the arrow keys in a text area (outside of the program) and it should input as letters rather then acting as arrows.

*Tip
When you do this script if you tap "up" then up again and hold it, it acts like you are holding sprint so you don't have to hold 2 keys at once to sprint and to leap over objects, makes movement a lot easier.

You're welcome United Front Games

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:41 am 

Mike_B wrote:
I understand you are annoyed by this issue but we do not appreciate insults to the devs.

We don't appreciate being told that a game has the ability to remap the keys only to find we can't remap the important ones. I also noticed that no one has said "The dev's are working to fix this" but only " The dev's are aware or it's tricky to fix". I don't know if you are new to this whole forum moderation thing but when people buy a game they, for the most part, can't play and then don't get any real answer for over a week people tend to get mad.

Way to support your game guys. Really showed us what a "true PC port" was. I'm just glad that me, and a lot of other players were able to get refunds, but from a company that actually considers it's customers and has to pick up after other companies that can't support their own games.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:39 pm 

hello,

i agree, devs should not be insulted.
but again, the main problem is that lots of pc gamers are angry, becose we are the forgotten players....
there was a time where everyoe wanted to do a good pc game.

now we have good console games, thrown to pc gamers without any considerations.
youre not the first one to do a great game, but just totally destroyed by yourselves givin a pc version of the game that is ANNOYING for us.

so well, if you never fix this, ill try the refund, and this is definitely totally my last game bought from your studio.

plz consider this, even if it takes a month, ill be waitin, but dammit, fix it.

thx

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:15 am 

Guys, let's not be hasty to ask for refunds and say that UFG sucks and dumb stuff like that. I am sure they are working on it. You guys just need to be patient. The current attitude we are displaying is pretty bad for PC gamers and arrow keys users in general.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:38 pm 

After a night of installing this game (why not just adding all the content to dvd? instead of using Steam [MP3 (4 dvd's) was a lot of smoother while installing]), i quickly wanted to start the game, but i got realy angry with the fact the arrow buttons could not be (re)mapped :x . When i know look at the dates of the previous messages, i'm wondering how long that it takes to swap some program variables?

What's the current state of that patch and when would it be launched?

Other problem (seems the result of a lack of pc testing) are the different mouse sensitivites: walking feels fine, sprinting is difficult to balance and driving works only fine if you don't use the mouse :x .

Same question here; what's the current state of that patch and when would it be launched?

(A reasonable solution: beside offering Rico's clothes, offer also Rico's key configuration possibilities and - experiences)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:35 am 

I pre purchased this game, and was very disappointed that I couldn't bind the arrow keys. Please fix it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:07 pm 

I just created a forum account to give this problem the attention it deserves. Not only this is a HUGE problem for some people it totally ruins the game aswell I cannot believe the devs didnt knew alot of people would hate it to play with WASD or ZSQD. Please fix it ASAP because I cant enjoy the game with the current control layout., this got to be the first game I ever played where it is not possible to remap the controls to the arrow keys.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:57 pm 

well i try to play the game with glove pie (thanks malice for your script) just to find out that there are lots of other issues.
the camera on vehicles (with motion sickness included) was it desired from the devs?
walking and moving with the camera around is also a desaster.
some dark forces always swing the camera position to a neutral view even if i dont want to look there.
it feels like playing with a pad but dear devs i (and most of the other pc gamers) spend a lot of money to buy sensitive mouses and i usually play all 3rd+1st person games with mouse and keyboard.
is it a so big thing to fix this with a hotfix or even to tell us whenever you are going to fix this?

@malice
i juse your first script for glove pie....do you know which key i have to press to "scroll down" in the phones messages when a text is longer?
thx

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:10 pm 

When is the patch I can use the arrow keys?

I can only play with Arrow keys, help!

I need Helppppppppppppppppp!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:00 pm 

Patch 1.5 didn't solve the problem. GJ.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:29 pm 

Hello there,

I just created a forum account to say that I didn't buy the game yet because of this problem. I always use the arrow keys to move the hero of the game, it's not the time to change anything about that. I'm really annoyed by the problem, but I'm not here to insult anyone. **** happens, I can understand, but I really wish you guys will solve that problem soon. I want to play that awesome game and having pleasure to control Wei like I want. Not like I have to do.

Please, you can see now than more than a few users are pissed off about this problem. Could you fix it in the next patch ?

Thank you !

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:53 pm 

AutoHotkey 1.0.48.05 worked for me so far
Add these lines in the script that is created by AutoHotkey
up::w
down::s
left::a
right::d
NumpadUp::up
NumpadDown::down

Works fine including the phone with no errors and no "move you a step forward" while using the phone.
The NumpadUp opens the phone and the NumpadDown scrolls the down the phone menu

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:31 am 

I would not use an AutoHotkey 1.0.48.05. I want a patch that comes when the fixes patch of this error?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next