Now this is not an problem anymore as I did fix it by itself, I'm writing this message so others with Win8 can try this quite amazing game. I know Windows 8 ain't supported yet in any game, that's another reason why I'm writing this message.
Alright, I bought SleepingDogs from Steam few days ago and also I downloaded a Hi-res dlc pack. I'm loving this game so far, but I had a few problems before I got in game in Win8.Game not starting- I managed to fix this problem by installing newest DirectX 11 packages, even though they say that Win8 does include it, it doesnt look like it.Steps:
1) I did install this normal package of DX11: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35
2) Then DirectX SDK:http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=6812
3) And DirectX 11 Technology Update too, just be sure:http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17431
4) Reboot your computer.
Now it should start up, but then I did run into another problem. I couldnt change graphics settings at all, they just kept changing on back to where they were even in version 1.4.Graphical settings does get back to normal
- If you go to options and can't change graphics options in Win8, I'll have an fix for it too.Steps:
1) Verify game cache on Steam.
2) Delete all benchmark .xml files from steamapps/common/SleepingDogs
3) Delete DisplaySettings.xml from steamapps/common/SleepingDogs/data
4) Change HkShip.exe compatibility mode to Windows 7 also check run as administrator option.
5) Run the game as normal from Steam.
I don't know if it's only matter of changing compatibility mode to Win7, but atleast this is how I did get my copy of SleepingDogs working like it should. Now it's just perfect.
Let me know if you guys run into any other problems with Win8, I like to try fix these things. Also I'm not anyway related to an real support of SleepingDogs, so if you use my steps, don't blame me if your computer blows up. I try to help as much as I can though.