It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:40 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Stuck at loading screen
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:44 pm 

[quote="jaywalker2309"]Raz: ...We're looking into the issue...

Has there been any new developments or any news you can give us since you posted this?
Thanks
Lance_hero

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:54 pm 

Still waiting for a fix / answer from the devs here.
Is it true that they just gave up on looking into the issue? At least that's what I heard from people I've talked to.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:52 am 

Ok, first off, please notice that this IS NOT a solution, this worked for me very well and MIGHT work or migt not work for yoiu, ok?
I'm still wainting for a decent patch to correct all of the issues.

My rig

Dell Inspiron 15r SE laptop
win 7 64 home pro
8gb ram ddr3
1tb hd
steam installed on c:\ all games are withing steam folder, nothing was changed
GPU HD RADEON 7730M < a pretty good gpu for a laptop, have to agree here with me right? >

ok so, please if you have a similar rig or similar gpu, this should help.

I followed this steps

( if you cant pass the logo screen, reinstall your game and return to step 1)

1> Install hd texture, through steam dlc
2> disable steam commynity overlay
3> Start the game, control + enter to go windowed mode
4> ( if you cant pass the logo screen, reinstall your game and return to step 1)
5> Start new game, and be REALLY PATIENT here please! 15 ~~ 20 minutes and wait.
6> game start with a rain pouring, docks scene, something like that.
7> WAIT for the first auto save, this might take a few minutes.
8> Ok now exit game, enter again, now go load game and load auto save
9> Wait another 10 15 minutes
10> enter game and wait for the next auto save, or, save the game by sleeping on a bed, now exit game, enter again, and press continue, and you can play this f.... game for a while and have some good time.

Hi there

Ok, I really wanted to play, so I went through this hell to play the game, I DONT CONSIDER THIS A SOLUTION, ok ? For Christ sake, give us a decent patch, I payed for this product.

I Hope that I´ve helped some of you.
Good Gaming!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:47 am 

Scumbag sleeping dogs bug:

Find a solution to load your save by making a new game and waiting untill the intro finishes

[Cap]

Game starts freezing when trying to make a new game on the next startup

._.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:52 am 

Guys it's 24th, still NO OFFICIAL ANSWER and NO FIX. Come on, we've been patient enough.

I have 87 games on Steam, only one of them does not work and yeah, it's Sleeping Dogs -.-"
If your game gets stuck on loading screen too post here. Help devs fix it!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:27 pm 

Yes.
I DO HAVE 20 minutes to wait when I want to play a game..........................

Oh, no.....................I DON'T :rasp: Brings me back to my ZX Spectrum days.

Just to bump, come on - developers fix this.
You seriously HAVE had long enough. Really.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:38 am 

For everyone who is upset at the game's problems, like me, KNOW that they are working on fixing the issue, i have been reassured of this by the Mastering Manager at Square Enix, who handles all game code for all of their titles. He said they have been working on a solution since the problem has been reported, and they haven't "given up" on the issue. Silence on this means they are hard at work on it, not ignoring it.
Hope this helps calm the raging storm :poke: ,
Lance_hero

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:40 am 

Quite bizarre. Played it for three days, the EU version gets released and the patches - Suddenly it's unplayable. Even the demo is unplayable, it just loads to infinity. Wait 10-15 minutes, I slept and all, woke up 13 hours later - Not really any further.

What you said Lance_Hero, I hope your statement is valid, or it gotta be. One of the jaw dropping games of 2012.

Tips to the developers: Just sell it retail with a key, as it's a single-player game. Keep away from Steam nightmare software... just a pile of garbage steaming smells of crap, is what Steam is.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:57 am 

SleepingF wrote:
Quite bizarre. Played it for three days, the EU version gets released and the patches - Suddenly it's unplayable. Even the demo is unplayable, it just loads to infinity. Wait 10-15 minutes, I slept and all, woke up 13 hours later - Not really any further.

What you said Lance_Hero, I hope your statement is valid, or it gotta be. One of the jaw dropping games of 2012.

Tips to the developers: Just sell it retail with a key, as it's a single-player game. Keep away from Steam nightmare software... just a pile of garbage steaming smells of crap, is what Steam is.

Steam has nothing to do with the problem, once the game launches it's up to devs to solve problems. If it was a Steam problem no one would be able to play, instead thousands of people are playing it right now. Steam IS NOT a nightmare, at all, you need to thank Valve if we already have PC games.

I have 87 games on Steam, only one of them does not work and yeah, it's Sleeping Dogs -.-"
If your game gets stuck on loading screen too post here. Help devs fix it!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:03 pm 

raz3rITA wrote:
SleepingF wrote:

Steam has nothing to do with the problem, once the game launches it's up to devs to solve problems. If it was a Steam problem no one would be able to play, instead thousands of people are playing it right now. Steam IS NOT a nightmare, at all, you need to thank Valve if we already have PC games.

I completely agree, Steam just runs the programs and keeps them collected in your library basically. Use your common sense a little better :whistle:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:08 am 

Keep your hats on at least. I was saying that Steam has certain problem with a lot of games upon release; such as games that is bought retail (not through Steam) or necessarily needs to be activated through Steam. Then once it is activated through Steam with its CD-key, I'm talking about DLCs that are free as retail, but bugs that removes this. Sudden Steam patches that decreases performance. I've only had negative experiences that's all I'm saying for instance:

The first is the one that made me actually stop using Steam: the full-price ($60) games I bought from Steam never seemed to work. They crashed my machine, or they required third party bloatware that wouldn't install - just a nightmare. Customer service was never any good - they have the standard "did you try rebooting your computer. "I cannot give you any refunds whatever purchased." Contact for instance Rockstar Games and say you bought i.e L.A Noire on Steam, you can't do anything. Buy the retail disc - any issues; call Rockstar Games they'll even give you a refund or send you a new game - same with Ubisoft. :)

Second.. I was getting leery of Steam. I saw the newest Civ-5 available on Steam and said, "No, this time after all these issues, I'll go buy it from a store." With my shiny physical box, I came home feeling giddy and went through the hour-long installation process only to find... yeah, Civ-5 required Steam, even though I had a physical disk.
Well, okay, I get the marketing. Sure enough, a week later Steam force-fed me an "update" that broke Civ-5 With no way to roll back. Do we have a little sneeze about Sleeping Dogs? :scratch: :scratch:

And it's not even possible to to revert it due to Steam's dumb Cloud service that patches it automatically, or other settings, re-installing the game is not an option. :mad2:

Sleeping Dogs 1.0, on the 14. August was great, there were a few problems but nothing major like this making it unplayable. At least retail is the way to go, and standalone patches. So you can automatically decide what you want to do.

Then you have the "Piracy prevention" that requires you to have an internet connection, the same computer, be logged in, have the most recent patch, have not modified the game I own, and so on. :? :x

Now that I bought it and it requires Steam, you say Steam has nothing to do with it? Sure not directly, due to devs bad coding. I mean, it's also quite some work to play Grand Theft Auto IV with mods without getting banned. Mods requiring game modifications such as a "steam_api.dll" or another .exe file to run the original (legal) .exe, they'll still bust you and put your account pretty much locked. :hmm:

How terrifying Games for Windows Live is, this Sleeping Dogs issue is starting to reach that point. Grrr...

GamersGate or GoG has no ads, bloatware, or these issues. So they gotta stop releasing games "Steam needed".

But, I'll put my act together as this is irrelevant. We're on the Sleeping Dogs forum, and not the Steam forum. But this issue would have been fixed with a lot quicker if the files weren't bound to Steam (pre-loaded, unlocked, verifications).

Not saying I don't hate Steam, it's a strong word, I've just had negative experience with almost everything that touches Steam and this kinda topped the ice-berg. Hope you understand. :) :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:54 am 

OK good news everyone. I had an i3-2120 CPU so I replaced it with an i7-3770K CPU and now every game runs better. The loading is down to 3-5 seconds for Sleeping Dogs.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:55 am 

problemsproblems wrote:
OK good news everyone. I had an i3-2120 CPU so I replaced it with an i7-3770K CPU and now every game runs better. The loading is down to 3-5 seconds for Sleeping Dogs.

And how does this solve the freezing problem? I use an Intel® Core i7-990X Processor Extreme Edition, the 12 MB Cache one, The loading mostly dependent on the RAM and SSD/HDD.

Your statement has no valuable information whatsoever.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:26 am 

SleepingF wrote:
Keep your hats on at least. I was saying that Steam has certain problem with a lot of games upon release; such as games that is bought retail (not through Steam) or necessarily needs to be activated through Steam. Then once it is activated through Steam with its CD-key, I'm talking about DLCs that are free as retail, but bugs that removes this. Sudden Steam patches that decreases performance. I've only had negative experiences that's all I'm saying for instance:

The first is the one that made me actually stop using Steam: the full-price ($60) games I bought from Steam never seemed to work. They crashed my machine, or they required third party bloatware that wouldn't install - just a nightmare. Customer service was never any good - they have the standard "did you try rebooting your computer. "I cannot give you any refunds whatever purchased." Contact for instance Rockstar Games and say you bought i.e L.A Noire on Steam, you can't do anything. Buy the retail disc - any issues; call Rockstar Games they'll even give you a refund or send you a new game - same with Ubisoft. :)

Second.. I was getting leery of Steam. I saw the newest Civ-5 available on Steam and said, "No, this time after all these issues, I'll go buy it from a store." With my shiny physical box, I came home feeling giddy and went through the hour-long installation process only to find... yeah, Civ-5 required Steam, even though I had a physical disk.
Well, okay, I get the marketing. Sure enough, a week later Steam force-fed me an "update" that broke Civ-5 With no way to roll back. Do we have a little sneeze about Sleeping Dogs? :scratch: :scratch:

And it's not even possible to to revert it due to Steam's dumb Cloud service that patches it automatically, or other settings, re-installing the game is not an option. :mad2:

Sleeping Dogs 1.0, on the 14. August was great, there were a few problems but nothing major like this making it unplayable. At least retail is the way to go, and standalone patches. So you can automatically decide what you want to do.

Then you have the "Piracy prevention" that requires you to have an internet connection, the same computer, be logged in, have the most recent patch, have not modified the game I own, and so on. :? :x

Now that I bought it and it requires Steam, you say Steam has nothing to do with it? Sure not directly, due to devs bad coding. I mean, it's also quite some work to play Grand Theft Auto IV with mods without getting banned. Mods requiring game modifications such as a "steam_api.dll" or another .exe file to run the original (legal) .exe, they'll still bust you and put your account pretty much locked. :hmm:

How terrifying Games for Windows Live is, this Sleeping Dogs issue is starting to reach that point. Grrr...

GamersGate or GoG has no ads, bloatware, or these issues. So they gotta stop releasing games "Steam needed".

But, I'll put my act together as this is irrelevant. We're on the Sleeping Dogs forum, and not the Steam forum. But this issue would have been fixed with a lot quicker if the files weren't bound to Steam (pre-loaded, unlocked, verifications).

Not saying I don't hate Steam, it's a strong word, I've just had negative experience with almost everything that touches Steam and this kinda topped the ice-berg. Hope you understand. :) :)

You do not really know much about Steam. You can install the retail game, then you can choose that you do not want it to be automatically updated.
You can also backup your installed game, and revert to it should a newer patch screw something up.

Steam will be used for most new retail games, so either get used to it, or buy a console.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:50 pm 

SleepingF wrote:
problemsproblems wrote:

And how does this solve the freezing problem? I use an Intel® Core i7-990X Processor Extreme Edition, the 12 MB Cache one, The loading mostly dependent on the RAM and SSD/HDD.

Your statement has no valuable information whatsoever.

Just stating that the loading screen used to freeze and doesn't anymore. I haven't changed the RAM or the HDD.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 15  Next