It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:19 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 708 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next
 Post subject: Re: HKship.exe has stopped responding
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:12 am 

I would see this weird pixelated screen that pops up on occassion with this game and others (Batman: AC and Borderlands 2). This happens on my new Gigabyte GTX 680, but I don't get the display driver error message that I would with my old AMD HD 6970 (yes I did a clean install of new drivers and removed the old ones, even though win7 can handle multiple drivers). I went into my BIOS and turned off the XMP profile for my RAM (was 1600mhz, and is now back to 1333mhz); then reconfigured the CMOS settings.

Now the game is working just fine. I'm guessing that I'll need a new CPU cooler and will have to install a RAM cooler asap to restore my system's greatness.

In the meantime I'll switch my large side fan to intake rather than exhaust when I install the 840 Pro SSD later today.

- System Specs -
mobo = Gigabyte UD4P-55, intel 1156 socket
cpu = intel i7 860 (1st gen), with cpu core parking disabled manually.
RAM = G. Skill Sniper 16gb (4x4, 2 dual channel kits) @ 1600mhz (lowered to default 1333mhz)
graphics = nVidia GeForce GTX 680 Gigabyte version with new Windforce heatsink.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:35 am 

Well i had the hkship.exe issue just from time to time but now game just stopped during playing i have around 95% of the storyline completed but now i just can't load my savegame without crash or continue out of the menu. What i really dont get is that i am able to play over 20 hours then the game does not work anymore ??

i7-2600K ,OCZ Vertex2 SSD, 16 Gig Ram, Nividia Geforce GTX 570, Win7 Ultimate

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:04 pm 
Forum Top Dog

Cosa76 wrote:
Well i had the hkship.exe issue just from time to time but now game just stopped during playing i have around 95% of the storyline completed but now i just can't load my savegame without crash or continue out of the menu. What i really dont get is that i am able to play over 20 hours then the game does not work anymore ??

i7-2600K ,OCZ Vertex2 SSD, 16 Gig Ram, Nividia Geforce GTX 570, Win7 Ultimate

Have you tried restarting Steam? Reinstalling the game can also fix this issue. These solutions have worked for me when I was 70% in the game, at the time.

Sleeping Dogs Wiki: http://sleepingdogs.wikia.com/wiki/Sleeping_Dogs_Wiki

True Crime/Sleeping Dogs The Movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=at0X_EJr81k

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:41 am 

Just ignore the mods guys. They can't fix it.
No hoops and delays they make you jump and put you through will make it work.

Basically for no reason, the game is broken on certain systems.
It's bricked. You wasted your money.

Of course you can stay here and play troubleshoot with the $4 an hour foreigners Square pays to sit here and tell you to delete your HKShip.exe 20 times in a row and putting you through mindless hoops of installing and reinstalling just to stall you with no intention of actually fixing it, but that's your choice.

tl;dr
if you have this problem it's broked and you cant fix eht

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:00 pm 

Can anyone with the error confirm that after running performance tool (Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Performance Information and Tools) in the results (View and print detailed performance and system information) it says "DirectX: 9 or better" ? I think I've just figured what is the problem, now we need a solution.

I for example use Windows 7 SP1 where DirectX11 is part of the Windows installation and you cannot uninstall it. DxDiag confirms my DirectX version is 11 but when I installed Darkness II I had to install some old DirectX components as well, now my performance test tool says I use "DirectX 9 or better", I think games that use DirectX 11 somehow load DirectX 9 dlls and identify our video cards as not compatible regardless to the fact we have DirectX 11 installed. Can someone with more advanced software/hardware knowledge confirm it's possible?

I have exactly same problem with Hitman: Absolution where DirectX 10 or better is required just like for Sleeping Dogs (coincidence?) And in FarCry 3 (DirectX 9 or better required) I cannot change in graphics options to use DirectX 11.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:22 am 

Hey y'all, just wanted to confirm that the AMD 12.11 Beta drivers fixed the crazy long load time problem for me.

You can check it out here: http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalyst1211betadriver.aspx

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:08 am 

RaptorBandit wrote:
Hey y'all, just wanted to confirm that the AMD 12.11 Beta drivers fixed the crazy long load time problem for me.

You can check it out here: http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalyst1211betadriver.aspx

This worked for me! thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:20 pm 

vove9000 wrote:
I have opened ticket at square-enix regarding this issue, will see what they tell me. So far I'm getting the standard solutions I have already checked as install missing directx components, etc., so it will take few tickets (I guess) till I get some solutions that could solve the issue. Will keep you posted if I manage to run the game. So far I guess our only salvation is AMD and new drivers to be developed.

Hi there, have you tried updating to PC version 1.9 and downloaded the AMD Catalyst™ 12.11 Beta Driver? Most people have reported that this fixes the problem.

With regards to nVidia GFX card users, we believe the problem lies in the pipeline for the GFX driver. This was fixed by AMD and hopefully nVidia will be able to do the same.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:49 pm 

Why is my game version 2.0.434913? I have checked out different forums and they all say it has something to do with some kind of cheat. I never use cheats! I didn't install anything else for this game other than dlc. Please tell me I'm mistaken or that I can fix this, I don't want to have any cheat activated on my game.

Anyways, I am also having this HKShip problem and once and awhile even a blue screen, hope you guys fix it soon, this game worked fine for me for the first 14 hours. I'm now at the Mrs Chus revenge mission. Installing the 12.11 drivers didn't do anything for me, everything else is up to date. I also did the integrity check, nothing failed. I tried deactivating the High Res pack, seems to have gotten worse since then. I would really like to know whats up with this version I have.

Windows 7 64-bit
8 gb ram
1gb amd 5770

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:13 am 

Just bought game and all DLC from Steam. Game doesn't get passed a white screen. HKSHIP.exe error. Uninstalled game. If there is no way to fix this (as by doing some research, it looks like there isn't) I would like my money back. You should not be advertising a product that doesn't work. You should not be selling a product that doesn't work. There should be a warning when purchasing the game that it doesn't work. I feel like I was scammed. I want this game to work, or I want my money back.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:45 pm 
Forum Top Dog

stusureno wrote:
Just bought game and all DLC from Steam. Game doesn't get passed a white screen. HKSHIP.exe error. Uninstalled game. If there is no way to fix this (as by doing some research, it looks like there isn't) I would like my money back. You should not be advertising a product that doesn't work. You should not be selling a product that doesn't work. There should be a warning when purchasing the game that it doesn't work. I feel like I was scammed. I want this game to work, or I want my money back.

Have you tried installing the latest video drivers?

Sleeping Dogs Wiki: http://sleepingdogs.wikia.com/wiki/Sleeping_Dogs_Wiki

True Crime/Sleeping Dogs The Movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=at0X_EJr81k

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:04 pm 

If you have an AMD graphics card, try installing the AMD Catalyst™ 12.11 Beta Driver. Most people have reported that this fixes the problem.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:08 am 

Well I have spent the last three hours attempting to fix this error, yet had no luck. I bought the game after it being recommended to me by numerous friends only to find that it refuses to even load to the menu. After pressing "Play Game" in Steam, I am met with the white box and a notification that HKShip.exe is not responding.

Combing through these and many other help forums for hours has brought no success. So far I have tried...

Spoiler: show
restarting Steam,
reinstalling Steam,
reinstalling the game,
checking the file integrity,
reinstalling DirectX 11,
reinstalling Microsoft Visuals C++,
reinstalling and updating NVIDIA video drivers,
confirming the most recent patch is applied,
turning of V-Sync in NVIDIA control panel,
forcing thread optimization in NVIDIA control panel,
disabling Steam Community,
installing beta video drivers.

I have also contacted Square Enix technical support though have not received a replay as of yet, though to be fair it has only been a day since the email and I am hoping to receive a reply. Considering this seems to be an extremely common problem that renders the game completely unplayble and unstartable, I am quite shocked that further steps have not been taken to fix this.

If anyone has any other suggestions to try, I am all ears... err... eyes.

System Specs:
Spoiler: show
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120830-0333)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Precision WorkStation T3400
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A08
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8500 @ 3.16GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8126MB RAM
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti

Post subject: RE: HKShip.exe Crashes - Enter Diagnostic Closed Beta Here
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:29 am 

Hello,

I'm also new to this forum. I purchased Sleeping Dogs through Steam a few days ago and have been researching fixes for the start-up crashes and have found too many that don't work. I have literally spent hours configuring and re-configuring this game that I had lost all hope of playing it until I came across this site. I was hoping I could get in on this BETA. Also, if I am able to use this BETA will I be able to access the DLCs I purchased for the game?

I have the start up crashes after the Logo page and I have tried to re-install, verify cache, update all of my drivers, update steam client, run as administrator, even change the compatibility to Windows 7...although I was not able to change the compatability for the D3D11_2010 file to download Direct x 11 for the game; even though I already have DX 11 through NVIDIA.

Thanks!
-DarthMarth

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:03 am 

I have been having the same issues as everyone else but I solved them for a second then it went back to derping T.T
Specs are as follows
Intel i5-2450m 2.5ghz/3.1ghz
Geforce GT 540m / Intel integrated HD
8gb Ram

so Last night I installed the factory default integrated drivers and amazingly both this and hitman started working and I was like O: YAY I CAN FINNALLLLY PLAY but then I woke up this morning turned on the computer and it was back to crapping itself. I hate problems that happen for no reason . But maybe just maybe that driver install might help someone with slightly more mobile video card knowledge to figure this sucker out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 708 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next