It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:16 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 708 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next
 Post subject: Re: HKship.exe has stopped responding
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:03 pm 

I'm in the USA. This game came as a free download when I purchased my Radeon 7850. Despite all the information in this thread, I cannot get this game to load from Steam. Any ideas?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:44 pm 
Forum Top Dog

davis_lsu wrote:
I'm in the USA. This game came as a free download when I purchased my Radeon 7850. Despite all the information in this thread, I cannot get this game to load from Steam. Any ideas?

Could you provide me any more details?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:38 pm 

davis_lsu wrote:

Please (a) ensure you're running the latest version of the game for PC, (b) installed the very latest drivers for your graphics card and (c) have flagged this issue to our tech support desk.

Once you've done those things and if it still doesn't work, please send me a PC Audit report. Please run the game, experience the crash and then immediately run PC Audit and use File -> Save As to send us the text output. Please contact me or one of the mods via PM with this info.

You may also want to send me a DxDiag report.

Please let me know how you get on.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:09 pm 

i don't know if this means anything or not, but every time i would start a new game the game would stop responding and crash.. so just for kicks i downloaded a save game, placed it in the folder, loaded it, and it started up without a hitch.... the thing is i cant play because i don't have a save from the beginning... I don't know if this is a fix or what it just appears that the new save is crashing the new game.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:39 pm 

Have you run into a HKShip.exe crash issue with Sleeping Dogs? We have a new beta build prepared on Steam that produces additional logging information when users encounter a HKShip crash, which will help us improve the game.

Please note: This build weighs in at around 1.3GB and has no additional improvements, so there’s no reason at all to play it instead of the regular game unless you’re continuing to experience a crash.

While we do not expect this to fix in-game crashes for everyone, we’re hoping that the information you help us to gather will lead to an improved experience for affected players.

Please contact me (or one of the mods) via PM if you would like to take part in this closed beta and we will grant you access. Please note that disseminating the information of how to access this `branch` will be frowned upon and could well lead to a ban.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:42 am 

I have sat for over 3 hours reading these posts, trying all of the potential fixes and got nothing.
What started off as me getting stuck on the "havok/autodesk etc" screen right after clicking launch, I managed to get into the menu and even click "new game" after changing the compatibility down to vista sp2.. Then everyone's favourite dragon spins around twice and then the lock up happens. I tried every compatibility option i had (quite a few) and all it resulted in was the dragon spin crashing quicker!!!

Yes, my drivers are up to date.

My system is:
Asus mobo.
7850 gpu.
16gb ram.
Intel core I3 cpu.

Im not particularly savvy with the technical stuff so I'd need some help sending any info to you guys.

This game has been out for some time now. It should be played and finished long before reaching this point, but, alas, we are still here. I cant complain too much tho as i got the game for free, ironically, when i bought my 7850!!!!!!

Just another disappointed punter adding his tuppence. Fingers crossed for a fix :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:06 pm 

To all AMD users with 7000 series cards, download the latest beta drivers from the AMD site. This took care of the 8 minute wait at the title screen for me.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:00 pm 

Confirmed latest 12.11 beta drivers from amd took care of it for me. I had played through the game several times with an occasional crash to desktop with HK Ship not responding error. Purchased the latest DLC and couldn't get past the title screen unless I waited 10 minutes or so. Read latest post, downloaded and installed beta drivers and now plays better than ever. Thanks rjfern7!

Asus CH5
Fx8350
HD7950
Windows 8
16GB DDr3 1600 memory

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:30 pm 

guys, i suppose there isn't a fix for intel cpu + nvidia gfx yet.
for those whom couldn't get pass the loading screen (dragon logo spins or freezes) after pressing new game,
i'd reccommend you to get a copy of a freshly saved game from friends as a workaround, at least you'll be able to play the rest of the game.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:22 pm 

I've got the same issue. I bought Sapphire Radeon 7950 Vapor-X edition and received 3 games as a part of "Never Settle" promo: FarCry 3, Hitman: Absolution and Sleeping Dogs. So far only FarCry 3 works so gj dev team. I try to run it on my original Windows 7 64 bit with SP1 included in the installation file, got all updates installed, using latest stable version of CCC (12.10), Windows installation is fresh. I downloaded the game through steam. So far I've tried to reinstall drivers, install high res pack, try different compatibility modes, etc. and nothing helped. Got my Radeon set in BIOS as a primary graphics card. I'm clueless right know, would like to play that game, and hitman as well... Sleeping Dog opens new window and always produces the same error: HKship.exe is not responding.

Error details are as follows:
Spoiler: show
Description:
A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
Application Name: HKShip.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 50d38609
Hang Signature: 3cab
Hang Type: 0
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1045
Additional Hang Signature 1: 3cab30f9ef7032d5281c6002e6e4650b
Additional Hang Signature 2: fe7b
Additional Hang Signature 3: fe7bd64432575d81525c807306fc62df
Additional Hang Signature 4: 3cab
Additional Hang Signature 5: 3cab30f9ef7032d5281c6002e6e4650b
Additional Hang Signature 6: fe7b
Additional Hang Signature 7: fe7bd64432575d81525c807306fc62df

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid= ... cid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Please, fix it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:14 am 

(Here's a re-post of possible solutions for those who have had loading and crashing issues)
So I've come across and compiled some solutions people have found and I would like to share them here, they could help those who might still need it, so here they are (see which one(s) method(s) could do the trick, perhaps try the solutions in part 2 first, or however you'll try):
Part 1

---
Alternatively, If none of those necessarily work, perhaps at first? (perhaps some other tweak like with something below, and then go back to one of the methods above or another, this is all 'individual' cases..) I don't know it the following will necessarily help the next person, but these are some of the only steps I had previously done and I have been able to play on my laptop.

Although initially I had the hkship.exe error popup here and there, and like 3 times crashed, but it seemed after I closed some other programs/things going on, I reload my game and it would start up fine again.

So what I found and done in some of my research as suggested from a source is download these software:
Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=24872
Visual C++ 2008 (86x)
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... aspx?id=29

Again, these are the only things I've done and I can play for a long time if I want without much issues. According to the source I found these are required things one also needs/should have to be able to play the game properly. I'm personally playing on low setting and a lower resolution/smaller pop out window - mainly because I am on laptop that barely meets the rec specs to play without lag, but it works for me and I am just fine with how it is. Thus don't be afraid to set some of these kinds of things lower than necessarily maxed out everything or something, if it is needed and or helps with any performance issues like lag or what not.

Part 2
And to recap some of the other things mentioned which I've compiled, if need be:
-have/install the latest DirectX
-install/updade the latest BETA graphics driver, same goes for nVidia GPU's.
(Just to make sure,perhaps uninstall your old driver)
-antivirus might be blocking SD, like AVG, someone else brought up theatrefire was blocking, and it can auto enable itself after turn it off, so find the option to stop that from happening
-verify the integrity of game cache (might need to restart steam/PC)/ and then/or run game as administrator
--here's 2 posts i found of others if they are needed to try:
-just getting back into PC gaming, I was freezing at loading screen for about a week, thought I had downloaded correct AMD drivers and pc was not reading them correctly, found out that I had to bypass digitally signed drivers by pressing F8 during pc start up and disabling them, Sleeping dogs now works, if this helps just one person then its worth my posting this
-mine crashed a few times. I have a AMD card too. I just went to my power plan in control panel and changed it high performance. I think it may have been my power supply choking my card. Its 400 w powering a 6850. Another option would be to Google Gameboster which cuts out unnecessary programs while gaming.
--might be some other little things others have done that helped their case, but hopefully those won't be needed, as I think a good amount of this list hopefully can help any of the remaining people out there. I recall previous games from larger studios like arkham asylum, skyrim, and gta 4 had an extent people with issues with them. Unfortunately with PCs, some black sheep can come up who have had issues bc of the variety of things that can be going on, they are unexpected and undesired, but the people at SD have tried to work with finding solutions, heck there was even a dev who gave their time to personally come of these forums to try on help, they have worked with/on and came up with what they could within their power, and thus many had had found a solution, like the driver update. And here in this post is a list of most of the solutions that have come out and worked. PC's can be be tricky and have had some black sheep, likey/hopefully a solution is here.

Last edited by gratsimnm on Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:21 am 

unfortunetely none of the above works for me :( you can add to the list reducing in bios the numbers of cores used by the cpu. i've read somewhere it helped someone.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:01 pm 
Forum Top Dog

vove9000 wrote:
unfortunetely none of the above works for me :( you can add to the list reducing in bios the numbers of cores used by the cpu. i've read somewhere it helped someone.

For official tech support, go here:

Europe: http://support.eu.square-enix.com/
North America: http://support.na.square-enix.com/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:20 pm 

Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxHOkA0hdm4 in the description under the ideo are links to an kind of patch fix which looks like people have had success with. Although I don't know exactly how/I haven't needed to use it, I guess place it in your game folder and then just click it and it updates?, if you don't know pm the uploader or what not.

DON'T DOWNLOAD THIS!
Scanned with Bitdefender, it's a Trojan!
If you're not sure what youre doing, DON'T post such things to the public!

To the topic:

I had the same issue with HKship.exe not responding, also tried many of those fixes, but the thing that did it for me was disabling active virus control in Bitdefender. Don't forget to enable it after you are finished with gaming!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:12 pm 

I have opened ticket at square-enix regarding this issue, will see what they tell me. So far I'm getting the standard solutions I have already checked as install missing directx components, etc., so it will take few tickets (I guess) till I get some solutions that could solve the issue. Will keep you posted if I manage to run the game. So far I guess our only salvation is AMD and new drivers to be developed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 708 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next