It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:26 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Wei Shen's Tattoo
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:55 am 

Hi guys and gals,

I keep noticing Wei Shen's Tattoo during Trailers or on Screenshots. Looks like a Dragon. Pretty sweet !

Kind of reminds me of Furious Ming's Tattoo from Jade Empire... Which I just loved BTW. And of course Kazuma Kiryu's Tattoo from the Yakuza Series.

Now the question I have in mind is... What's the story behind the tattoo ? Members of organized crime such as the triads, the yakuza and others usually carry those kind of tattoos.

I'm curious, does this mean Wei Shen already was involved with a criminal organization before ? Or does he carry the tattoo just to fit in... seems unlikely. Or is there some other reason behind it ? A Cop with such tattoos is also rather unusual. Anyway, Some ideas would be welcome ;)

Have a nice weekend !

Cheers

Post subject: Re: Wei Shen's Tattoo
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:20 am 

i dono but ive been looking everywere to get this tattoo irl lmao the search isent goin too well :(

i hope the game has one of those art books of it

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:27 pm 

If you look at the link for the screen shots posted by me, you can see that instead of a dragon, wei shen has ninja stars instead. Do you think that we will be able to pick out our tattoos

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:22 pm 
Forum Top Dog

Tattoos will be required in this game, as most of the triad members in real life have tattoos, it is like a traditional thing for them and every gang as it's own unique art.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:36 pm 

In the new interview he mentioned the tats... Not sure if u can pic ur own since we been the same ones on him, but if we cant then thats gonna b a big part of the story. This might mean that before life in SF maybe he wuz part of a triad gang in his teen yrs b4 he wuz a cop so that gave him more of an edge to b the guy for the job

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:01 am 

2BDK wrote:
In the new interview he mentioned the tats... Not sure if u can pic ur own since we been the same ones on him, but if we cant then thats gonna b a big part of the story. This might mean that before life in SF maybe he wuz part of a triad gang in his teen yrs b4 he wuz a cop so that gave him more of an edge to b the guy for the job

My exact same thought :)

BTW, does anybody know where I can find detailed/hi res and complete pictures of Wei Shen's Tattoo ? Maybe the developers got some pics they'd like to share ;) Planning on getting a similar Tattoo on my skin ! Thanks for the help...

Peace

laagi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:28 pm 

I want those Tattoos! Sorry :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:36 pm 
Forum Top Dog

Quote:
BTW, does anybody know where I can find detailed/hi res and complete pictures of Wei Shen's Tattoo ? Maybe the developers got some pics they'd like to share ;) Planning on getting a similar Tattoo on my skin ! Thanks for the help...

Peace

laagi

You can't change the tattoos.

"Never give up control. Live life on your own terms....every life comes with a death sentence." - Walt White

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:20 pm 

Thanks for the pic, already seen that one ;) Once my body gets in better shape, I'm planning on getting Wei Shen's tattoos done on me. Need more pics for my project... Keep em coming :D

Peace

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:28 pm 
Forum Top Dog

That's as detailed as it gets. There aren't that many pics of Wei's tattoos so you'll have to wait for more screenshots or release day.

"Never give up control. Live life on your own terms....every life comes with a death sentence." - Walt White