It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:18 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Free- Roaming in Sleeping Dogs what will you do ?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:34 pm 

what will ye do when free roaming in Sleeping dogs ?

Post subject: Re: Free- Roaming in Sleeping Dogs what will you do ?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:43 pm 

I will beat up a few npc, then get the cops after me, drive up to Victoria Peak, then on the way down ill fight off the cops in the temple. Then I will lose them by driving to the ocean and stealing a boat. After I've done that I'll explore the city.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:50 pm 

that would be awesome to do ! :D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:00 pm 

After doing the first few missions and being introduced to my home, I will sit in my home for a bit, doing "normal day" roleplay things, such as playing with the TV, eating some food, taking a pee etc for my 'morning'

When daytime comes I'll walk outside my safehouse, and depending on the game, there will be 2 things

If Wei Shen has a default vehicle already at the garage, I will use that
otherwise, I would walk/take a cab

Regardless of those above options I would go to the Dojo and work on my moves and learn some new things, then grab some food to eat (to replenish any health lost at the Dojo) and then go to the nightclub and sing "Flock of Seagulls - I ran" and buy some furniture (on one gameplay I saw some guy buying some furniture from a nightclub)

If I have any spare cash, I'd go to a car dealer and buy a car (if Wei had no default car) and then do some street races for more cash, then if there's any spare time I'd just cruise around the city seeing if there is anything interesting (which there will be) then go home, sleep, wake up and do the following mission, and basically roleplay the events of the story mode... instead of doing one mission after another I'd let it flow and space the missions out etc.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:06 pm 

I will drive around going to car dealers and choosing a car I will not be able to afford but I will think I will be able to soon, then I will and try to get the money for the car but then impulsively buy something else and then i will try to get more money. That usually happens whenever I have to buy something in a game.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:17 pm 

Buy every car from every car dealer like in TC NYC and find all collectables like lockboxes and health shines and probably purchase every clothes

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:31 pm 
Forum Top Dog

Well I will buy or if I have to wait till I unlock the Hong Kong Police Uniform then I will buy or wait till I unlock a Police car or if I have to then I will steal one when no one is looking so it doesn't get damaged when im driving away. Next I will try and get a Pistol holster it and then go on patrol. If I see anyone doing any drug exchanges, mugging helpless women ect ect then I will go across and fight them and if possible try and arrest them or if I have to use my Pistol.

After I unlock the Doctors coat and Surgical mask I will get a knife off a local Triad from around the area, drop it, fight them then pick it back up and walk away. Next I will head to the hospital and as you can probably tell im pretending that there is a crazy killer that dresses like a Doctor in Hong Kong.

If possible I will get a Fireman's outfit and take down the Triads Fireman style. the reason I see this being possible is because you can carry around and use a Fire Extinguisher, drive a Fire Engine, dress like a Doctor, drive an Ambulance, dress like a Police officer, drive a Police car and carry a Pistol so why not complete the set for the final emergency service.

Once I have unlocked or bought Bruce Lee's signature Yellow Jumpsuit I will if it's there go to his statue and pay my respects for a minute or two then it's off to the temple to fight the Monks!

Wake up in my apartment put on a black vest, Blue jeans and black trainers then I'll drive to the nearest Dojo to practice my fighting. Once it start's to get dark I will drive to the docks and do some free running until the sun rises.

As you can probably tell I love the clothing they give you in this game it gives the player so many possibilities and this is only the half of it as I will probably make up even crazier adventures when I have the game :D

Twitter: https://twitter.com/GameUnboxing

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/GameUnboxingReviews

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:08 pm 

all of these ideas are so great ! :P

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:33 pm 

pretend i am a street racer and play like real life :D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:37 pm 

Kill every NPC in sight.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:43 pm 

LazyboyEight wrote:
After doing the first few missions and being introduced to my home, I will sit in my home for a bit, doing "normal day" roleplay things, such as playing with the TV, eating some food, taking a pee etc for my 'morning'

When daytime comes I'll walk outside my safehouse, and depending on the game, there will be 2 things

If Wei Shen has a default vehicle already at the garage, I will use that
otherwise, I would walk/take a cab

Regardless of those above options I would go to the Dojo and work on my moves and learn some new things, then grab some food to eat (to replenish any health lost at the Dojo) and then go to the nightclub and sing "Flock of Seagulls - I ran" and buy some furniture (on one gameplay I saw some guy buying some furniture from a nightclub)

If I have any spare cash, I'd go to a car dealer and buy a car (if Wei had no default car) and then do some street races for more cash, then if there's any spare time I'd just cruise around the city seeing if there is anything interesting (which there will be) then go home, sleep, wake up and do the following mission, and basically roleplay the events of the story mode... instead of doing one mission after another I'd let it flow and space the missions out etc.

▲ This

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:10 pm 

I really do enjoy playing out the lives of video game characters.
I did it with GTA IV, EFLC, SR2 and tried to with SR3 (didn't work lol)
I'd do it with the classic GTAs but I lost my PS2 and at the time I DID have the PS2 I was too young to actually do the story mode (in sa i did missions up to flight training and then got stuck because i sucked at flying)
I missed alot of good missions, heh.
The closest I got to roleplaying back then was repeating the "Test Drive" mission over and over again and not getting any damage. I loved it lol.

Hopefully SD will have some nice driving sections with chasing/following somebody through the streets of Hong Kong and weaving through busy highway traffic.

I'll be disappoint if it doesn't.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:48 pm 
Forum Moderator

I'll bite. Well here we are just one week away from the release, the last full week and it is going to be an exciting one at that. I can't believe that i will free roaming pretty soon, and after the tutorial missions, and stepping outside for the first time it will be a great site to see. So much will be running through our minds when we first get out their and it's not often we get a chance at this type of game.

So I will go to my garage and see if I have my cruiser available, and take it for a slow spin out of the garage. I will head for an alley way if their is not cruiser in my carage. I then will take it to Activity Park and see what is going on at the park, get out of the car and roam on foot while there. After a bit i will head to the harbor and enjoy the sights and sounds of the inner harbour, while along the way find a clothes shop, and try and find some collectables. After this i will set my way point for the long ride up to Victoria Peak and enjoy the rest of the day there.