I was thinking that it would be a better idea to introduce the empire building facet in an extensive, full fledged manner in the sequel rather than in a half baked fashion through DLC in SD. However, I still do want to see some basic property purchase options get provided through DLC for SD. In this case, I have come up with a new DLC pack proposition which combines some elements from the empire building and side missions/mini game packs I suggested.
Here is what I want the new DLC pack to feature:
1) 4 new purchasable
safehouses that are bought through a real estate agent. This real estate agent offers to sell Wei the properties and decides to throw in a brand new vehicle as a bonus with each property Wei purchases. These vehicles would be unique, introduced through the DLC pack and become unlocked in your garage once you purchase the new safehouses.
The safehouses are fully furnished and include brand new safehouse specific mini games accessed via interactive items. I want to see each safehouse feature 1 or 2 mini games and the pack should introduce at least five new safehouse mini games. I’d like to see darts, pin ball, pool, button mashing/rhythm based exercise mini games that provide temporary buffs and a 2D arcade beat ‘em up featuring the main game’s combat mechanics (think along the lines of the awesome unlockable arcade game in The Warriors for the PS2/Xbox) that you play using an in-game video game console.
It would be a very neat idea to have Square include exclusive playable demos to some of their other games which are accessed through the in-game video game console at one of Wei’s safehouses.
2) 4 new girlfriends who provide favours, races, cases and mini game challenges to complete. Completing each girlfriend’s objectives would reward you with brand new clothing attire exclusive to the DLC pack and also cash. Here is what I have in mind regarding the girlfriends:
- Girlfriend #1: She is competitive in nature and challenges Wei to beat her high scores in mini games. There are several high score objectives for each mini game to complete. You can call this girlfriend using Wei’s phone and invite her over to Wei’s safehouses to play the mini games with him.
- Girlfriend #2: She is into the street racing scene and in order to impress her, Wei will have to win various different racing events. Events include standard single point to point races, time trials, drift challenges, eliminator races and multi race championships.
- Girlfriend # 3: She is a cop and will request Wei to help her in some police cases. Wei is not in charge of the cases or officially involved so he’ll be helping her unofficially.
- Girlfriend #4: She’ll request Wei to complete favours for her as well as her family members, friends and colleagues.
3) At least 40 new lockboxes (10 in each major district) with thugs guarding each one. As an alternative to my suggestion of having unlockable extras attached to earning trophies in the GOTY edition, these lockboxes can contain unlockable extras. Each one you open can either unlock concept art/renders, original music tracks from the game, various trailers, UFG’s HK photo album or cheats.
4) New mini games at the gambling den.
I think that a DLC pack containing the aforementioned content would be great and can definitely be done by UFG so I hope they take my suggestions into consideration.