It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:30 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Future DLC and GOTY edition requests.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:26 pm 

great idea`s guys keep them going

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:25 pm 

Would love to see alot of these ideas taken on board, but for some reason i cant see it happening, i think Sleeping Dogs DLC will go the same way as Saints Row the Third DLC....i for one truly hope that doesn't happen otherwise i see myself trading this game in, its a fantastic game, but i wish there was so much more to do after after your have finished the game and keep the replay value there.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:56 am 

I am really hoping that future DLC packs provide a respectable amount of new missions and other intriguing content. Rockstar set a high standard for DLC with their 2 episodes for GTA IV. I feel that other publishers should strive to match what Rockstar has done with GTA IV (in terms of DLC) if there is enough time and resources available to create such significant DLC packs. SD in particular possesses a lot of potential and deserves great, value packed DLC. Good DLC will sell well and also help push the sales of a GOTY edition.

Speaking of the 'Infinite Action Pack', it can have its own separate progression/unlock system much like how some DLC packs have their own unique set of trophies. The DLC pack could even extend the existing cop progession system of the main game by another 10 levels to accomodate the bonuses that completing the random missions and challenges provide. In addition to new weapons, weapon upgrades and body armour, the unlock system attached to the 'Infinite Action Pack' can also provide unique new vehicles and outfits.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:22 pm 

I had outlined my idea for a new DLC pack in another thread and here is what I said:

I definitely want a significant DLC pack that greatly expands on the fight club component. New event types should be introduced that encompass underground fight club events and also brand new formal fighting tournaments. Legitimate tournaments between teams/competitors of different martial arts schools and dojos would be a great complement to the underground fight clubs in SD.

Here are some of the new events that I want to see a fight club/tournament DLC pack feature:

- Tag matches: These encompass 2 on 2 tag matches between various teams.
- Team battles: Each member of various competing teams face off and the team with the most members left standing wins.
- Elimination tournaments: Fight your way to the top without getting knocked out and a loss means that you get eliminated from the tournament.
- Weapons based fights: This is self explanatory.
- Survival events: Each competitor must try to defeat as many opponents as they can before they get defeated.
- Time attack competitions: In time attack, the competitors face the same number of opponents and must defeat them as quickly as possible.
- Free for all battle royale: It is every man for himself in these last man standing competitions.
- League matches: Competitors are placed in various groups and must fight each opponent in the group to acquire enough points to qualify for the quarter finals.

I was thinking that it would be a nice idea to have a multitude of challenges to complete in preparation of the tournaments as well and you rank up at the dojo by completing the challenges. Gaining ranks unlock new tournaments for you to compete in. These challenges could basically be an extension of the training missions we have to complete at the dojo after finding jade statues in SD. Challenges could include command attack missions asking you to pull off various moves in quick succession, missions commanding you to use certain moves to defeat opponents, countering/survival/time attack practice missions and missions that require you to complete training challenges under certain conditions such as a time or damage limit.

UFG can deliver plenty of fun new content revolving around fighting with a new fighting tournament DLC pack. I want to see a lot more content in future DLC packs compared to what has been provided with the current packs that have been released so far and the upcoming Street Racer pack which features a very sparse amount of content. With regards to a fighting tournament DLC pack, UFG should look at Yakuza 3 for some slight inspiration. Y3 features a very elaborate underground fighting coliseum where there are 50 unique opponents to defeat, over 12 tournaments to enter and various different event types to enjoy.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:52 pm 

Predator1987 wrote:
I am really hoping that future DLC packs provide a respectable amount of new missions and other intriguing content. Rockstar set a high standard for DLC with their 2 episodes for GTA IV. I feel that other publishers should strive to match what Rockstar has done with GTA IV (in terms of DLC) if there is enough time and resources available to create such significant DLC packs. SD in particular possesses a lot of potential and deserves great, value packed DLC. Good DLC will sell well and also help push the sales of a GOTY edition.

Speaking of the 'Infinite Action Pack', it can have its own separate progression/unlock system much like how some DLC packs have their own unique set of trophies. The DLC pack could even extend the existing cop progession system of the main game by another 10 levels to accomodate the bonuses that completing the random missions and challenges provide. In addition to new weapons, weapon upgrades and body armour, the unlock system attached to the 'Infinite Action Pack' can also provide unique new vehicles and outfits.

good idea

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:11 am 

I was thinking that it would be a better idea to introduce the empire building facet in an extensive, full fledged manner in the sequel rather than in a half baked fashion through DLC in SD. However, I still do want to see some basic property purchase options get provided through DLC for SD. In this case, I have come up with a new DLC pack proposition which combines some elements from the empire building and side missions/mini game packs I suggested.

Here is what I want the new DLC pack to feature:

1) 4 new purchasable safehouses that are bought through a real estate agent. This real estate agent offers to sell Wei the properties and decides to throw in a brand new vehicle as a bonus with each property Wei purchases. These vehicles would be unique, introduced through the DLC pack and become unlocked in your garage once you purchase the new safehouses.

The safehouses are fully furnished and include brand new safehouse specific mini games accessed via interactive items. I want to see each safehouse feature 1 or 2 mini games and the pack should introduce at least five new safehouse mini games. I’d like to see darts, pin ball, pool, button mashing/rhythm based exercise mini games that provide temporary buffs and a 2D arcade beat ‘em up featuring the main game’s combat mechanics (think along the lines of the awesome unlockable arcade game in The Warriors for the PS2/Xbox) that you play using an in-game video game console.

It would be a very neat idea to have Square include exclusive playable demos to some of their other games which are accessed through the in-game video game console at one of Wei’s safehouses.

2) 4 new girlfriends who provide favours, races, cases and mini game challenges to complete. Completing each girlfriend’s objectives would reward you with brand new clothing attire exclusive to the DLC pack and also cash. Here is what I have in mind regarding the girlfriends:

- Girlfriend #1: She is competitive in nature and challenges Wei to beat her high scores in mini games. There are several high score objectives for each mini game to complete. You can call this girlfriend using Wei’s phone and invite her over to Wei’s safehouses to play the mini games with him.

- Girlfriend #2: She is into the street racing scene and in order to impress her, Wei will have to win various different racing events. Events include standard single point to point races, time trials, drift challenges, eliminator races and multi race championships.

- Girlfriend # 3: She is a cop and will request Wei to help her in some police cases. Wei is not in charge of the cases or officially involved so he’ll be helping her unofficially.

- Girlfriend #4: She’ll request Wei to complete favours for her as well as her family members, friends and colleagues.

3) At least 40 new lockboxes (10 in each major district) with thugs guarding each one. As an alternative to my suggestion of having unlockable extras attached to earning trophies in the GOTY edition, these lockboxes can contain unlockable extras. Each one you open can either unlock concept art/renders, original music tracks from the game, various trailers, UFG’s HK photo album or cheats.

4) New mini games at the gambling den.

I think that a DLC pack containing the aforementioned content would be great and can definitely be done by UFG so I hope they take my suggestions into consideration. :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:58 am 

I really enjoyed films like Heat, City on Fire and Reservoir Dogs so I want to see the aforementioned DLC pack include a police case that features some minor elements from the films and pays homage to them. Here are the objectives I have envisioned such a case to encompass:

Objective #1: Take on the identity of a cunning thief in a convincing manner and build your notoriety. Next, find a way to infiltrate a specific gang of high profile robbers.

Objective #2: Pull off various heists involving banks, armoured cars carrying cash, jewellery stores, museums and art galleries.

Objective #3: Gather information and build evidence to bring down the robbers. You’ll have to gather information on the robbers’ specific hideouts, locations where they stash stolen goods/cash and contacts who help the robbers sell the valuable stolen goods to rich criminals or businessmen.

Objective #4: Set up the gang, inform your girlfriend of the location of the robbers when they are together, find an excuse to leave the hideout and then help the SWAT team perform the raid!

What kinds of new police cases do you want?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:49 am 

Now that I have proposed new DLC packs, outlined my hopes with regards to some of the upcoming DLC packs and revised a few of my suggestions in this and other threads, I’ll provide a summary of my DLC wish list:

- Nightmare in North Point: An extensive DLC pack that features a SARS like virus outbreak scenario and includes riot police missions, SWAT missions, infinite randomly generated police patrol missions, paramedic time trials and playable nightmare sequences.

- Zodiac tournament: A content rich DLC pack that significantly expands on the fight club component.

- Movie Masters #1: A pack that encompasses cinematic action/stunt packed missions with it taking a few pages from my stuntman scenario that I outlined in the properties thread.

- Chelito82’s "Infinite Action Pack": If NINP features a limited number of police patrol missions instead of infinite randomly generated police missions then a DLC pack similar to the "Infinite Action Pack" would make for a good complementary pack.

- The DLC pack I recently proposed that encompasses new (purchasable) safehouses, girlfriends, cases, favours, races, mini games, playable dream sequences, collectible lockboxes and unlockable extras.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:49 pm 
Forum Moderator

The NINP pack as outlined Pred with the outbreak scenerio with swat cases, infinate crime patrols, and a couple jobs would sell on its own easily. This for me would easily sell for 20 bucks as a nice add. You could have the night market play a key role with its open area and where alot of crimes would be taking supplies as people look for supplies.

The movie masters dlc hopefully is not collectables as we have had tons
of those already, i would expect a different angle with the dlcs from here on out. The stuntman scenerio sounds goods.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:37 pm 

I completely agree with everything you said Hurricane! Like I said in various threads, SD possesses a lot of potential in terms of what can be done through DLC to enhance the experience and it is a great game that deserves good content rich DLC. UFG should strive to make at least a few of the DLC packs outstanding, extremely appealing and content rich such as the NINP, Zodiac tournament and Movie Masters #1 packs.

Anyway, I mentioned earlier in the thread that the “Infinite Action Pack” can include the challenges I outlined in your (Hurricane43) mini game thread. These include driving tests, shooting gallery challenges, free running obstacle courses and sparring matches. I had a few scenarios/objectives in mind for the driving challenges. The following challenges encompass the driving tests:

- Cone gate challenges: You have to maneuver your vehicle through cones to score points and increase the time limit. These challenges help improve your vehicle control and clean driving skills. Clumsy driving and collisions with NPC vehicles lead to points deduction and time penalties.

- Near miss and overtaking challenges: You’ll have to get ‘near misses’ where you drive close to vehicles but don’t touch them. In addition to getting near misses, you’ll have to overtake as many vehicles as you can before you reach the end of the track. Once again, precision driving is rewarded.

- Checkpoint time trials: The timer is counting down and you’ll have to make it to the checkpoints as quickly as possible to extend the timer. The higher the amount of time you have left after you cross the finish line, the better the medal you are awarded.

- ‘Driving and shooting’ challenges: You’ll have to shoot out the tires of as many designated enemy vehicles as possible while driving before you reach the end goal.

- Action hijack challenges: Action hijack as many vehicles as possible within the time limit provided.

- Vehicle combat challenges: Disable as many vehicles as possible using the vehicle combat mechanic within the time limit.

- Evasion challenges: Escape your pursuers as quickly as possible with each test providing increasingly difficult conditions to overcome such as a higher number of pursuers and roadblocks.

- Drifting challenges: Drift around turns and score as many points as possible before you reach the end point. Collisions with vehicles and objects lead to score penalties.

I think that all of these challenges would be very fun. The challenges of course should involve both cars and bikes of different classes. These challenges would have a lot of replay value if new high score conditions were provided every time you beat the previous conditions and were rewarded for beating the high score conditions. I’ll probably outline the scenarios/objectives I have in mind for the other types of challenge missions soon.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:15 pm 
Forum Moderator

The driving school outlined would be fun as stated their are alot N4S guys and i enjoy the driving aspect. The trial challenges Pred are a much needed improvement for interaction such as the driving around cones placed around an open area To include Five other racers if you choose or to go solo and practice by yourself. in the cone challenges as you can have a zig zag course, hitting cones slows you down or you lose points for obtaining a gold, silver etc. The area that could be used can be in the current world with all traffic off, npcs on street cheering to add to it. The courses could be used on highway up to victoria peak no need to make a new area.

A cone trial challenge, also you could have the orange barrells also in the world that are there already as a different trial. The course for VP could be in zig zag structure, a drifting challenge for gold, silver, bronze. A motorcycle course also with the cone ideas with sharp corners that also you play solo for practice and also against five racers. Class a, b, and c races.
Along with a fun go kart course.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:17 pm 

do you guys think that ufg will make a police infinite crimes dlc?
if so, when will they release it?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:23 pm 
Forum Top Dog

I would like some DLC relating to an 'all out' turfwar b/w different triad factions and also against the police. It should take inspiration from scenes like in the movie "Big Trouble in Little China" when the Cheng sengs fought the Wing Kongs would be tight.

Credit to Kristýna aka TiffanyKim on the Sleeping Dogs Forum for this amazing sig.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:54 pm 

derProist wrote:

We hope... But, in my opinion, it will never happen...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:22 pm 
Forum Moderator

derProist wrote:

I think everyone wants this, if it isn't made in the next 5 months we can be assured that the only hope is for a mod to be made, because as stated the game will be supported for 6 months from release. To me it seems this request is one of those things that if not supported might end in our very own Nightmare in North Point. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next