It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:10 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Quick tip for obtaining the grenade launcher with outfi
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:06 pm 
Forum Top Dog

Chan_Ho_Nam wrote:
To be honest, I would rather have a 'weapons cache' than finding go arounds. It's quite disappointing we resort to having to rely on glitches to enjoy a game when these options should made free (hence the word "free" in free-roam) to us from the very start.

Exactly, well the feature should definitely find it's wei for the sequel, because it does get annoying.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:27 pm 

SleepingDogs wrote:
sleeping_dog_wei wrote:
Nice find, I guess UFG is going to lose a lot of money on it :lol: Or is this not working when you haven't bought the DLC?

I don't think it appears without the DLC. Oh, and really nice to see you back :)

Thx to PS Plus :D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:23 pm 
Forum Top Dog

Does work in the North Point safehouse or just Aberdeen?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:45 am 
Forum Top Dog

Chan_Ho_Nam wrote:
To be honest, I would rather have a 'weapons cache' than finding go arounds. It's quite disappointing we resort to having to rely on glitches to enjoy a game when these options should made free (hence the word "free" in free-roam) to us from the very start.

Aren't you the one who originally came up with the idea of a 'weapons cache', Chan? Regardless, I'll support the decision for this to be implemented in the sequel.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:37 pm 
Forum Top Dog

I'm currently testing this: if you start a new game and get access to the North Point apartment, after the cutscene showing Wei waking up from his "night terrors", you'll notice that the Assualt Rifle w/ Grenade Launcher will spawn on the counter next to the sink. I don't know what happens if you leave it there and never touch it, but EVERY time I've booted up my new save and gone through the cutscene, it is there!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:43 pm 
Forum Top Dog

My Lightning Sword, Assault Rifle w/ Grenade Launcher, and Gold Desert Eagle are still spawning. Let's keep it this way. I hate having to wear that silly tac-outfit every time I want to go on a killing spree!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:12 pm 
Forum Top Dog

TiffanyKim wrote:
My Lightning Sword, Assault Rifle w/ Grenade Launcher, and Gold Desert Eagle are still spawning. Let's keep it this way. I hate having to wear that silly tac-outfit every time I want to go on a killing spree!

LUCKY!!!

My Golden Deagle disappeared and has never returned yet! This is currently on my LE Pack save. On my other save, it appears.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:00 pm 
Forum Top Dog

TheWeiShen wrote:
TiffanyKim wrote:

LUCKY!!!

My Golden Deagle disappeared and has never returned yet! This is currently on my LE Pack save. On my other save, it appears.

You do know it only appears when you've completed the main story (assuming Ghost Pig is downloaded)? Even if you already have, it will only spawn with an outfit that doesn't already have a weapon attached to it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:03 pm 
Forum Top Dog

@chan nice find. To others all my weapons spawn unless I'm wearing a dlc outfit. But be careful of us finding this tip. They might patch it. Shhh

"The Now is indivisible " - Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:21 pm 

I also found that sometimes accessing the wardrobe and then back out can help with the AR and sword to reappear if its not there at the moment. (I think going in to also reequip an outfit might help it along, and/or accessing a second time until/to see em show) Occasionally when I have headed out and then come back they're there, also sometimes sleeping, and restarting a save or checkpoint back. So there's choices to try but I don't fret too much about it, adapting as so.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:43 pm 
Forum Top Dog

TiffanyKim wrote:
TheWeiShen wrote:
TiffanyKim wrote:

LUCKY!!!

You do know it only appears when you've completed the main story (assuming Ghost Pig is downloaded)? Even if you already have, it will only spawn with an outfit that doesn't already have a weapon attached to it.

That explains it then. My LE Pack save has the first few missions done. DERP! :nut:

@Everyone, so if you wear clothing in the game that is NOT part of DLC, you have a better chance of getting the waepons to appear?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:04 am 
Forum Top Dog

TiffanyKim wrote:
Chan_Ho_Nam wrote:

Aren't you the one who originally came up with the idea of a 'weapons cache', Chan? Regardless, I'll support the decision for this to be implemented in the sequel.

These idea's were brought up from a few active/non-active members that being myself and a few others here a while back including yourself Tiff. I believe you've also contributed to this idea aswell.

Credit to Kristýna aka TiffanyKim on the Sleeping Dogs Forum for this amazing sig.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:49 pm 
Forum Top Dog

Chan_Ho_Nam wrote:
TiffanyKim wrote:
Chan_Ho_Nam wrote:

These idea's were brought up from a few active/non-active members that being myself and a few others here a while back including yourself Tiff. I believe you've also contributed to this idea aswell.

I still am, but I'm pretty sure it's too late for this to be implemented. However, I haven't given up hope for this to be implemented into the sequel.

By the way, Chan, I'm also behind your Japanese-setting idea for SD2. 8-)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:10 am 
Forum Top Dog

TiffanyKim wrote:

Yes, but with Wei in it :P

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:02 am 
Forum Top Dog

TiffanyKim wrote:
I still am, but I'm pretty sure it's too late for this to be implemented. However, I haven't given up hope for this to be implemented into the sequel.

I'm sure we did what we could ;)

Credit to Kristýna aka TiffanyKim on the Sleeping Dogs Forum for this amazing sig.