It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:38 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Gangland Style Pack DLC...Seriously???
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:30 am 
Forum Top Dog

@HongKongBaby, do you how much of a P.I.T.A. that is going to be whne Wei finally decides to remove it?

@Vulpine, great criticism!

TheWeiShen wrote:
Delete the Title Update, Refuse the Update when loading up the game, Go to your Wardrobe, Mix & Match what you want, Save, Exit to Dashboard, Re-Download the Update, Load the game, Enjoy!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:15 pm 
Forum Top Dog

an image of the outfit(s) is available before you buy the dlc. to say they look daft after the purchase because we cant alter them, knowing full well that we cant alter them before the purchase, is a bit odd. if you dont like the look of the outfits as is, why buy them at all?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:13 pm 

Just d/l the pack with my leftover funds from PSN, still have 11 pences after spending £1.19 on it!!! :-D

Think the new buffs give us a chance in setting new records, just saying. Anyway, IMO, the best tattoo set seems like the Russian one.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:42 pm 

As there are no full body shots of the Japanese tattoo, I gotta ask : What is Wei wearing pants-wise?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:44 pm 

bertanderny wrote:
an image of the outfit(s) is available before you buy the dlc. to say they look daft after the purchase because we cant alter them, knowing full well that we cant alter them before the purchase, is a bit odd. if you dont like the look of the outfits as is, why buy them at all?

Your singular way of thinking is a bit odd. Are we supposed to not contest things we dislike, or are we to remain complacent and just nod with a blank smile on our faces? Listen. I like this game; I've waited years for it to come out since first hearing about it in the summer of 2009. I support it by purchasing most of the DLC in-game content. I love supporting this game, and just the same, I will voice my discontent with the game as it arises. This is SUPPORTING the game. and letting the developers know what we as their consumer base (and fan base and the only real reason this game got the sales it did) are unhappy about.

If they choose not to listen with open ears, then so be it, but it's not helping them.

Secondly, bert, we weren't shown that the Yakuza Style was pretty much naked super tattoo'd Wei wearing a japanese jockstrap, excuse me--FUNDOSHI. You know, because it's fun to do shi while wearing nothing but a diaper and dressed in ink! :D Get it?

No, not once were we shown a full representation of the Yakuza outfit, which is my favorite, aside from Wei's bareassedness. I was expecting a shirtless badass with pants on at least.

My point was to stress WHY customization was a GOOD THING. And how personalization can really enhance the feeling of playing a character in an open world game.

To people that say it's not a big deal; sure, maybe it isn't (for you), but having it certainly isn't harming anything, and not having it only takes away options.

And ya know, at least I'm voicing suggestions and not just outright denouncing this pack. Might want to rethink things before you just like, you know, assume.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:04 pm 

Eiko82 wrote:
As there are no full body shots of the Japanese tattoo, I gotta ask : What is Wei wearing pants-wise?

Erm...A typical Japanese bloke that came out from a public bath? It's a towel wrapped up with a t-shape and oh mighty...Wei got a bulge! I went straight to K-Bar with that!!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:07 pm 
Forum Top Dog

im not assuming anything. and i got no issue with you voicing criticism. indeed that is how things evolve. i was just adding to the convo.
p.s japanese jockstrap lol so its a fundoshi. never heard of that before. i agree it would look daft with no clothes on. one of the reasons i havnt got it myself.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:25 pm 

bertanderny wrote:
im not assuming anything. and i got no issue with you voicing criticism. indeed that is how things evolve. i was just adding to the convo.
p.s japanese jockstrap lol so its a fundoshi. never heard of that before. i agree it would look daft with no clothes on. one of the reasons i havnt got it myself.

Sorry, brotha. It's finals week and I'm a bit on edge. :P

But yeah, I hear you. I just think this pack is an example of something that'd be great with customization.

I'm sure by the time the sequel comes around, we'd have ourselves a lot more customization, but that IS a long time from now, I'd reckon. It'd be nice if it could be implemented now, but I dunno.

The only way I can imagine it is if the outfit packs were released in parts as well as preset (like the Retro Triad Outfit) so we could just snap up the preset if it suits our fancy, or customize if we want, too! And the best part is, this could be done selectively so copyrighted outfits could remain locked (by not adding individual parts to wardrobe). :D

For the Gangland Style outfits, hell, the tattoos could be in the "necklace" section, just like the Retro Shaggy Hair is in the hats section. No foul there, and we can dress up Wei however we'd like.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:11 pm 
Forum Top Dog

yes it would be nice to be able to play with the outfits. the only way i could see it working in this game is by releasing all of the outfits,as you say, again as a big dlc. so all the items that are not associated with a copyright outfit are as individual items in the wardrobe. but to get that the dlc pack would be massive. alas. with the schedule the way it is, it seems our dlc quota for this game is now full. what we are getting is what we are getting.
maybe they could put that system in the next one. like you i hope they do. i reckon they will have learned from this so fingers crossed. but i do still see a place for unchangable outfits. they just need to allow a bit more freedom with some of the stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:37 pm 

bertanderny wrote:
yes it would be nice to be able to play with the outfits. the only way i could see it working in this game is by releasing all of the outfits,as you say, again as a big dlc. so all the items that are not associated with a copyright outfit are as individual items in the wardrobe. but to get that the dlc pack would be massive. alas. with the schedule the way it is, it seems our dlc quota for this game is now full. what we are getting is what we are getting.
maybe they could put that system in the next one. like you i hope they do. i reckon they will have learned from this so fingers crossed. but i do still see a place for unchangable outfits. they just need to allow a bit more freedom with some of the stuff.

I'll have to thumb back to the size of the Retro Triad Pack and see if it was really that much. Keeping in mind it also came with a vehicle. Nah, I don't think they should do any re-releases of former DLC just for this, but I think it's definitely possible to keep sizes relatively low (as these individual parts would just be from the preset outfit itself) in future releases. Especially by not having to tie in the 1.2 version patch in every batch of DLC. Either way, it might be an even trade off data-wise if they can remove the patch data and just wholly have the outfits in non-licensed packs.

EDIT:

32 MB

The Retro Triad Pack was a spec compared to DLC released after the patch! This could definitely happen for future DLC! Uuuugh.

It'd take a compelling post to really get this through to the devs, if even. This feels like another paper I'm gonna have to write, lol. :nut:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:26 pm 
Forum Top Dog

i think all the newer dlc is bigger to accomodate the new code in the patch we got. most of the dlc would have been started before the patch so alterations would have had to be made. least thats my theory.
in terms of your "paper". keep it in mind and when we get closer to number 2, post it up. ill sign on.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:34 am 

bertanderny wrote:
i think all the newer dlc is bigger to accomodate the new code in the patch we got. most of the dlc would have been started before the patch so alterations would have had to be made. least thats my theory.
in terms of your "paper". keep it in mind and when we get closer to number 2, post it up. ill sign on.

I've played games with patches, and none of the DLC released ever seemed to increase size to accommodate patch data. The patch usually does the fixing. UFG seems to have taken a liking to putting hotfixes in their DLC. I can imagine some packs having vital enhancements included, but it seems as if they're mainly doing this as a countermeasure to copyright infringement. That's my personal theory.

It forces people to download the patch in order to use the pack, otherwise they're SOOL. It's sort of like a lock that forces you to use a key. If people could use the stuff without DLing the patch, they could still mix and match the outfits without a hitch. This prevents that.

Corresponding with my theory, new DLC wouldn't need to be so big (on non-copyrighted packs) if they simply released it in parts ala Retro Triad.

Again this is for future DLC, not retrospec stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:22 am 
Forum Top Dog

Vulpine wrote:
The Gangland Style (nice play on Gangnam Style, guys. xP) pack is one of the most vapid that I've purchased so far, unfortunately. It's probably also one of the best examples of why the ability to customize outfits was a huge draw to the game. Honestly, these outfits are ridiculous as they stand by default. It's just absurd that we can't customize these outfits. They're just screaming for it, but it's denied.

Two things:

You guys should release the non-copyrighted outfits (aside from all-encompassing bodysuit style outfits, like Adam Jensen's armor) in parts so we CAN customize and accessorize as we choose. This would be the way to bypass the code put in place to stop presets from being customized. Just let us build the outfits ourselves!

Additionally, this would eliminate the need to neurotically stuff the 1.2 patch data into every single DLC pack just to make sure no one abuses copyright stipulations. This would also really lessen the exorbitant amount of most likely redundant data each tiny bit of DLC contains.

Really. I can't take the Yakuza Style outfit seriously whatsoever. I know it's part of tradition for Yakuza to flaunt off their entire bodyful of tattoos in leisure, but you know... Sometimes they've gotta cover that **** up! These new outfits are tastelessly terrible if I may subjectively state. They would be kickass if we weren't bound to playing them soley as the designers imagined them.

I can not agree more with you on this. i made a thread before gangland pack was released as to regards of the glitch they put in when you save your own pre set outfits saying that i wish they would make an update or patch having it to where we could still mix and match outfits that wernt copyright related or pre order related hoping that maybe Square Enix would see it so hopefully if more fans keep posting about them coming up with an update to where we can mix and match preset outfits again then maybe they'll listin and please a lot of fans that love to just tweak things a little and add a gold chain or whatever it may be to certain outfits. and totally agree about your further post saying that each thing could be released individual and have the tattoos in the necklace section or hat or something. Deffently an innovative idea and hopefully Square Enix will respond to all of our posts :poke:

"The Now is indivisible " - Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:28 am 
Forum Top Dog

TheWeiShen wrote:
This is actually very similar to those other packs you listed in terms of content, so it seems like we are juts getting another one of "those" DLC.

Again, like I said before, maybe it is just me that feels this way. I'm curious to see if others share the same opinion.

i honestly love the gangland style pack as have always been very interested in the russian mob and how their tattoos tell stories. the only downfall i have with the pack is that you cant change the clothes that each tattoo comes with. otherwise it would be perfect but still think its worth the small 160 Ms points compared to the top dog packs and the high roller packs which are literally the only dlc packs i havent purchased. ive purchased ALL the others besides those just because im not the type of gamer that like to have a handicap that can progress me earlier or gives me early access to in game content. but hey thats just me and i know everybody has their own style of gaming :thumb:

"The Now is indivisible " - Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:22 pm 
Forum Top Dog

Vulpine wrote:
I like this game; I've waited years for it to come out since first hearing about it in the summer of 2009.

Wrong! I waited for this game since completing True Crime New York City and the first time you could hear about Sleeping Dogs (previously True Crime Hong Kong) is VGA '09 and that takes place in Winter.