It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:21 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rico's Revolver /w Grenade Launcher
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:02 pm 

bertanderny wrote:
im afraid those links are not proof of anything. all i see is screenshots showing the gun. and not very well at that. i still think somethings a miss because the weapon doesnt make sence. a pistol, with a gl on it. and why would it not be talked about elsewhere. it screams altered files to me. if its real im sure we will here about it.

The video? ;__;

Also, look at this wiki page for the JC2 version -

http://justcause.wikia.com/wiki/Rico's_Signature_Gun

Gun looks identical, and as you can see, the design of that includes a grenade launcher.

TheWeiShen wrote:
BraveDude8 wrote:
TheWeiShen wrote:

So I'm wrong for once. I'm not infallible. Do you want a cookie? Enjoy your weapon. I for one am on a console so I couldn't have tried it anyway. Not only that, I don't have a save of Just Cause, so again, I couldn't try it if I wanted to. The only reason I said that was because it is well known that the Pc is easy to mod (look at GTA IV for pete's sake). Also, I've met people before that CLAIM to have not modded anything but it turns out they did and post it on forums and Youtube for fame. Sorry if you didn't when most people do.

I don't have a problem with being accused of modding. But saying all it takes to add an entirely new gun to the game is changing a couple of 1's and 0's... :mad2:

Dude! You'd be surprised how easy it is. Usually guns and vehicles, even clothing can be assigned simply to one hex value, which holds the ID of that item. Your gun could represent something such as A6 or E8 in the game's code. Trust me, I've seen people do it before (this is why TDU2 has players driving around in BUSES!).

Nononono, you misunderstand me. I'm talking about adding a NEW gun to a game. You are talking about using one already present in the game - the buses in Test Drive.

Last edited by BraveDude8 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:04 pm 

And I double-posted again. I need to stop this. And can some mod please delete it? :l

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:27 pm 
Forum Top Dog

the links to the other "evidence" not your vid. but even your vid doesnt show its legit. only ufg could tell us that.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:30 pm 

bertanderny wrote:
the links to the other "evidence" not your vid. but even your vid doesnt show its legit. only ufg could tell us that.

I know that. I'm just pointing out that the model of the gun is from JC2, just like the outfit. It is acquired with the outfit and has a model worthy of being designed. I have evidence from another person that it exists, and no mention of this gun can be found by a search engine excluding this thread, my steam discussion and my YouTube videos.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:36 pm 
Forum Top Dog

it is cool if its real. maybe something caused a glitch fo you.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:40 pm 

bertanderny wrote:
it is cool if its real. maybe something caused a glitch fo you.

And to two other people, so far. And I know that I did not mod it in. Therefore, it must already be in the game. Devs. Please. Respond. Geh.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:46 pm 
Forum Top Dog

iv been talking with monkeythumbs. the gun is related to something being released at a later date. they will put details out when the time comes. im afraid we cant say any more than that right now but it is in your game someho your not fibbing to us or modding anything..

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:49 pm 
Forum Top Dog

BraveDude8 wrote:
Nononono, you misunderstand me. I'm talking about adding a NEW gun to a game. You are talking about using one already present in the game - the buses in Test Drive.

That's the thing though...How do YOU know that the gun is NEW? It could have been on the disc the whole time, but due to the recent bugs that have popped up in this game and the addition of these patches, something COULD have happened internally with the files. Perhaps it is a HUGE, internal glitch or it could be a mod (I still haven't seen enough proof to discourage the idea).

Trust me, man. I've been there! On my GTA IV, I used to be able to get police on me during Bomb Da Base II after killing all the guards and taking the Van. Ever since that one day that a modder visited, for some strange, internal reason, I can now rob the Van in peace while other players deal with the law. It is weird but I see it as less of a nuisance for me at least.

So, my point is, the gun COULD HAVE been already on the disc. Unless you work for UFG, how can you be so sure that the gun is NEW? Just because you saw it? I've never seen a Golden Meat Cleaver but I do know that it is still on the disc, waiting to be unlocked via DLC.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:50 pm 
Forum Top Dog

bertanderny wrote:
iv been talking with monkeythumbs. the gun is related to something being released at a later date. they will put details out when the time comes. im afraid we cant say any more than that right now but it is in your game someho your not fibbing to us or modding anything..

Well there we go! It's an INTERNAL PROBLEM and you were able to unlock something AHEAD of schedule. Congratulations, lucky dog...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:26 pm 

TheWeiShen wrote:

That's the thing though...How do YOU know that the gun is NEW? It could have been on the disc the whole time, but due to the recent bugs that have popped up in this game and the addition of these patches, something COULD have happened internally with the files. Perhaps it is a HUGE, internal glitch or it could be a mod (I still haven't seen enough proof to discourage the idea).

Trust me, man. I've been there! On my GTA IV, I used to be able to get police on me during Bomb Da Base II after killing all the guards and taking the Van. Ever since that one day that a modder visited, for some strange, internal reason, I can now rob the Van in peace while other players deal with the law. It is weird but I see it as less of a nuisance for me at least.

So, my point is, the gun COULD HAVE been already on the disc. Unless you work for UFG, how can you be so sure that the gun is NEW? Just because you saw it? I've never seen a Golden Meat Cleaver but I do know that it is still on the disc, waiting to be unlocked via DLC.

I suck at explaining. Honestly, my theory is that this has existed ever since the JC2 suit. As in, release date. I merely said that it had appeared in the latest patch, not that it had not existed beforehand. And a golden meat cleaver? I hope that it ends up being indestructable. And if they seriously try and sell this revolver as DLC... heads will roll.

bertanderny wrote:

It fits.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:21 pm 

It is too detailed to be a simple number swap mod. It has its own icon, own name, new model. Using number swaps you can do things like make traffic cars drivable in car games, but even then the car will have the engine of normal car and the wheels of a normal car, because a number swap can only changes models. This is too professional to be a number swap, and there is no evidence of it being a mod from an external source. Maybe someone should try if it works for them.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:22 pm 

stryder237 wrote:
It is too detailed to be a simple number swap mod. It has its own icon, own name, new model. Using number swaps you can do things like make traffic cars drivable in car games, but even then the car will have the engine of normal car and the wheels of a normal car, because a number swap can only changes models. This is too professional to be a number swap, and there is no evidence of it being a mod from an external source. Maybe someone should try if it works for them.

So far, myself and two others have reported this. All three on PC.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:24 pm 
Forum Top Dog

check out my post above. we now know its tbr dlc. maybe this thread should be locked.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:25 pm 

bertanderny wrote:
check out my post above. we now know its tbr dlc. maybe this thread should be locked.

Nothing wrong with discussion now, is there? And I'm pretty sure this is because PC users currently seem to be running a beta version. And if this is paid DLC...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:32 pm 
Forum Top Dog

nope nothing wrong with disscusion but these types of thread normaly turn into post after post of people not reading what came before. so the same things end getting said over and over. details are hush hush for now so i was just thinking that if the thread gets shut, confusion about the issue would be minimised.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next