It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:54 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sleeping Dogs and NYCC DLC NEWS
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:24 am 
Forum Moderator

Some questions that come to mind are:

During the cancellation and revitilization of the project, what are some of the things you can look back on and be proud of as a team?

During the course of the main storyline discussions, was their any other suggestions/ideas from the team on how the story should end with Wei? If so can you share those insights?

Seeing as the combat in the game is the best their is and very fluid, What was the inspiration behind the combat system?

Who came up with the idea of the guy who roams the city and has one arm, with two toes, and will we ever find out his backstory? Did he perhaps meet the same triad guys as the development team?

Does Dan Sochan eat pork buns? Or did the team eat any when they visited Hong Kong? How do they taste? Did you think that pork bun guy would become such a hit?

What inspired the making of the live action trailer?

One of the great things in open world games is just driving around and exploring. The npc's are incredibly funny and have many different reactions to what is going on around them. How difficult is it to make sure everything is fluid with the npc's and just how much stuff is going on in the world itself?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:11 am 

Im just gonna copy/paste what i answered to the article in case its easier to keep track of.

1a. Will you add any new Fight Clubs to the game?
1b. Will you add environmental "weapons" to the Fight Club fights like electricity and trash cans and water tanks and all that awesome stuff? =)

2. Is it even possible for this game to be more badass than it is? I'd be surprised!

I'm playing the game on OnLive! Please tell them thank you so much, i love them for having this uber game on the service! =)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:54 am 

My questions are :

- What were your favourite characters in the game? Is there any character in particular that you enjoyed creating/developing?

- What are your plans for the Sleeping Dogs franchise? Will there be a sequel?

- What kind of DLC can we expect in upcoming months? Will there be more story-based DLC?

- Will you ever release an art book on Sleeping Dogs? I would love to see some earlier design concepts of the game.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:07 pm 
Forum Top Dog

(Didn't look through previous questions asked so "oh well")

Questions:

1) Will you be making a sequal?

2) Will you integrate some form of Co-OP into a sequel or next installment?

3) Will there be multiplayer down the line in a new sequel?

4) Will we get the cop uniform that originally debuted in the Police Protection Pack?

5) Are you going to ever add infinite random crimes and other features that are reminiscent of the nostaligic True Crimes, such as Streets of LA or New York City, into Sleeping Dogs or a future installment?

6) If we do get a sequel, will we be exploring San Francisco at all? Hong Knong is great, but in terms of "the story of Wei Shen", I'd like to know more about his time in San Francisco and more about his past before joining the HKPD.

7) What happened to Shen after the story is finished? It seems like he goes back to being a regular detective but yet the game aspect never changes. Did you develop like this on purpose or did Wei actually end his assignment as a UC and just go back to being a regular detective?

8) Are you going to include a random crime DLC?

9) Is the SWAT Pack missions infinite?

When will you release the Pre-Order packs (Deep Undercover, Martial Arts, GSP, etc. ) so they are available to buy on Xbox Marketplace, PSN, and Steam?

10) I know it is a cop-based game but why can't we have th ability to steal vehicles OR have the ability to REPAIR stolen ones? Some of us like to RP as a cop and having access to the police vehicles (at least) would be a "step in the right direction" for us.

Last edited by TheWeiShen on Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:12 pm 

This is GREAT - keep 'em coming, guys!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:17 pm 
Forum Top Dog

Monkeythumbz wrote:
Thia is GREAT - keep 'em coming, guys!

No problem 8-) . Would have answered sooner (like yesterday :D ) but got caught up with other things :x .

I've never seen "THIS" spelled like that before :whistle: .

EDIT: You're a ninja! :eek:

Last edited by TheWeiShen on Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:20 pm 

I don't know what you're talking about...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:26 am 
Forum Moderator

One week to go until the BIG reveal, should be very interesting to get the first glimpse of the new add on. Wonder what it can be.

Some other questions:

What influences does Vancouver(Where UFG is located) have in the game?

What drove you into the field of game developing? Anyone else have other jobs that are totally different than what you are doing now?

Will we see a time where the ferry or tram are usable by Wei to cruise around?

Is there any suggestions/recommendations that you can think of that you have taken from the community at large?

What was the feeling after the ups and downs from the team when the game went gold? What is it like when that game you just built for four years was golden?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:36 am 
Forum Top Dog

Hey MT,

Some questions raised by the modding community (PC) for UFG to release some modding tools, will it be green-lighted?

Also if possible will console gamers be able to get mods/expansions through game patches/updates (eg. change cam views in vehicle and while on foot in first person view), these features will be cool addition to have. I hope all platforms will be able to enjoy these innovations together. All others questions I have has already been raised above.

Cheers~

Credit to Kristýna aka TiffanyKim on the Sleeping Dogs Forum for this amazing sig.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:07 pm 

Chan_Ho_Nam wrote:
Hey MT,

Some questions raised by the modding community (PC) for UFG to release some modding tools, will it be green-lighted?

Also if possible will console gamers be able to get mods/expansions through game patches/updates (eg. change cam views in vehicle and while on foot in first person view), these features will be cool addition to have. I hope all platforms will be able to enjoy these innovations together. All others questions I have has already been raised above.

Cheers~

Let me answer that now - at present, we don't have any plans to release modding tools, or implement first-person driving for vehicles in an official capacity.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:35 pm 

TheWeiShen wrote:
(Didn't look through previous questions asked so "oh well")

Questions:

1) Will you be making a sequal?

2) Will you integrate some form of Co-OP into a sequel or next installment?

3) Will there be multiplayer down the line in a new sequel?

4) Will we get the cop uniform that originally debuted in the Police Protection Pack?

5) Are you going to ever add infinite random crimes and other features that are reminiscent of the nostaligic True Crimes, such as Streets of LA or New York City, into Sleeping Dogs or a future installment?

6) If we do get a sequel, will we be exploring San Francisco at all? Hong Knong is great, but in terms of "the story of Wei Shen", I'd like to know more about his time in San Francisco and more about his past before joining the HKPD.

7) What happened to Shen after the story is finished? It seems like he goes back to being a regular detective but yet the game aspect never changes. Did you develop like this on purpose or did Wei actually end his assignment as a UC and just go back to being a regular detective?

8) Are you going to include a random crime DLC?

9) Is the SWAT Pack missions infinite?

When will you release the Pre-Order packs (Deep Undercover, Martial Arts, GSP, etc. ) so they are available to buy on Xbox Marketplace, PSN, and Steam?

10) I know it is a cop-based game but why can't we have th ability to steal vehicles OR have the ability to REPAIR stolen ones? Some of us like to RP as a cop and having access to the police vehicles (at least) would be a "step in the right direction" for us.

Please understand that we'll really only be answering questions about Sleeping Dogs as it currently is, rather than speculating about ideas for a sequel.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:24 am 
Forum Top Dog

Monkeythumbz wrote:
Chan_Ho_Nam wrote:
Hey MT,

Cheers~

Let me answer that now - at present, we don't have any plans to release modding tools, or implement first=person driving for vehicles in an official capacity.

I understand, it's supply vs demand, I appreciate the confirmation and hope to hear some news about DLC at NYCC.

Credit to Kristýna aka TiffanyKim on the Sleeping Dogs Forum for this amazing sig.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:33 am 
Forum Moderator

Well it's just about that time for NYCC. What will the long awaited story add on be?

Have a good flight George and team, Here's to Sleeping Dogs coming to the Big Apple, and George n team eating some good ole NY pork buns!

http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=be ... York%2C+NY

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/forkinthe ... ns_nyc.php

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:38 pm 

Okay that's great about the show and the DLC ? When is the DLC being released on PSN ?
I read and read and still don't get it ?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:11 pm 
Forum Moderator

Oct 16 for racer pack, Swat pack 23rd Oct, and hopefully end of month 31st? for NINP. I would think a release date will be announced at the show.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next