It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:56 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Sex Scenes?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:44 am 

According to a June article on Joystiq (and several other news sites), Sleeping Dogs would be censored in Japan. Three areas of censorship would be a penalty for harming civilians during missions, removing the race-start girl, and most notably, toning down sex scenes. Presumbably, other versions of the game, such as the US release, would retain this content, right? Well, unless I'm missing something, I think us westerners got shafted too.

As anyone who's played the game for more than 10 minutes can tell you, you most certainly are penalized for harming civilians during missions (your police XP drops quite substantially for each infraction). As for the race-start girl, she made the cut, at least in the US version. But the most glaring omission here state-side is the complete and utter lack of any sex scenes whatsoever! I completed the story missions and not once during any of Wei's dates do we see any hanky panky - the developers merely imply that they have sex. How is that considered "toning down" the sex scenes? You can't tone down what isn't there.

Any theories on what happened here?

Post subject: Re: Sex Scenes?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:22 am 

Well the moral of the story is that abundant violence is good and sex is bad. Therefore there is plenty of violence and killing in the game and nobody complains about Wei's mass murdering spree but having sex on the other hand that could ruin childrens lives!!!! It could ruin our youth if they would get their hands on this game. We can't encourage those teenagers into having sex, it's immoral.

I mean I would rather have my teenage daughter on a mass murdering rampage downtown rather than having sex, wouldn't you too?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:19 pm 

Is everyone on this board a troll, or just you?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:35 pm 

@Hyperthesis

Funny, I thought I'm the only one who also noticed that :) I don't think the US Version is cut. As I own the EU Version and it's also missing those so called "Sex Scenes".

I was expecting something like "Indigo Prophecy", if you're familiar with this Game. Which included a "real" sex scene, which got censored in the US.

Either this was false information from the beginning or the devs decided to cut it from the final version, to avoid any trouble with the rating industry.

However, would've bee nice... :lol:

Peace

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:56 pm 

Hyperthesis wrote:
Is everyone on this board a troll, or just you?

He wasn't trolling you, he was sarcastically agreeing with... nevermind. :|