It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:09 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Fighting Tips
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:28 pm 

I can't get past that fight at the bam bam club. I can take out the first two waves but when I have to fight those guys in the bathroom (ie: dont use grappling use heavy moves - whatever that means) I always wind up dying.

I ca'nt find any fighting tips, etc. online. Anyone got them or a video? Thx.

Post subject: Re: Fighting Tips
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:45 pm 

That fight was very tough for me too. I think I just finally got lucky beating them. I immediately start grabbing and smashing them into the urinals. I got all but 2 this way but the last two guys would not let me grab them long enough to do this. I don't like the QTE style grappling breaks and I was just mashing buttons.

I was almost dead the last time I finished it too. The guy kept grabbing me and body slamming me. I luckily was able to dodge his heel kick when I was on the ground though and get up and Heavy kick him to death.

The grappling in this game doesn't seem very well realized. Hopefully that is not something we have to deal with too often.

My main advice though is to go to the urinals and grab/smash as many guys as you can right away so you are actually fighting as few of them as possible.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:53 pm 

Your #1 priority should be to kill the grapplers first. They can't block ANY of your attacks, so ALWAYS use hard strikes on them. Kick them when they are down, as well. Once they are dealt, with you can win any encounter with ONE button press - counter. Do nothing else, just hit the counter at the right moment, and you can win any fight.

I hope this gets patched later, so enemies start using quick (but low damage) attacks that can't be countered, and the AI tries to use this as a way to distract you so others can get a real punch in, or something. But obviously you didn't want the fight to be more challenging, so stick to my original advice :)

Also, head to the martial arts gym when you can (Emma Stone will show you the way), and practice against grapplers/weapon users until you figure them out.

Watch my fighting tutorial here!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:55 pm 

Glad to see the fighting is actually challenging in this game.
Can't wait.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:58 pm 

by hard strike do you mean X? By conter do you mean Y where the person turns red?

My problem isn't defeating one - it's that they are always in groups and when I start fighting one, others stab or kick me and 2-3 hits, i'm dead. I spend most of my time running around trying to separate them. As for the BIG guys, i have no idea how to defeat them (esp the one whobodyslams you all the time).

why this game has no difficulty setting beats me. I guess they want 11 y/o's and 22 y/o's to be at the same skill level.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:18 pm 

If you hate challenging games then why did you buy the game in the first place lol

If you want an easy game then go play Angry Birds.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:25 pm 

aurvan wrote:
I hope this gets patched later, so enemies start using quick (but low damage) attacks that can't be countered, and the AI tries to use this as a way to distract you so others can get a real punch in, or something. But obviously you didn't want the fight to be more challenging, so stick to my original advice :)

Yea I'm hoping they add this too, probably with a hard mode option or something with the removal of the red glow.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:29 pm 

LazyboyEight wrote:
If you hate challenging games then why did you buy the game in the first place lol

If you want an easy game then go play Angry Birds.

cuz i have a kid, now next q about topic?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:55 pm 

What if you only counter at the beginning, may take longer but would be easier.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:25 pm 

agentmrbean wrote:
by hard strike do you mean X? By conter do you mean Y where the person turns red?

My problem isn't defeating one - it's that they are always in groups and when I start fighting one, others stab or kick me and 2-3 hits, i'm dead. I spend most of my time running around trying to separate them. As for the BIG guys, i have no idea how to defeat them (esp the one whobodyslams you all the time).

why this game has no difficulty setting beats me. I guess they want 11 y/o's and 22 y/o's to be at the same skill level.

When you're surrounded by a big group it's risky to do the long combos - try the shorter ones and do more grappling (except with the big dudes)

Also, if you go to the dojo w/o a statue you can practice on the different enemy types.

And a "hard strike" is performed by holding down X (xbox)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:20 pm 

agentmrbean wrote:

I play on the PC, so I use different keys, but by doing hard strikes, you HOLD the X-button. To counter, you quickly press the Y-button when an enemy is flashing red. Unless there is a grappler in the group, you can defeat them by only press Y at the right moment, and do nothing else. It will take forever, but it's possible. Just like in Batman: Arkham-series.

What you should do, is to keep your combos short, like 3 hits, before you start looking for someone flashing red. It doesn't matter that you're surrounded. Just hit a guy three times, then get ready to press Y. When you have countered one, hit 3 more times, wait for a counter. Keep this up.

If there is a grappler in the group, try to kill him first. If you want, I can make a YouTube-video of a massive fight.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:12 pm 

video? yes please.

When I see knife guy I know I can never grab him. Even pressing Y is difficult, he still stabs me. I usually try to get him alone and X him to death. Thoughts?

as fr the BIG guys like the guy who bodyslams. How do you defeat him? I got all these annoying guys around so i basiclaly run like a rabbit trying to kill the small guys and then small hit him. I'm not sure if pressing Y will do much with him? still stuck at benny stage.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:28 am 

agentmrbean wrote:
video? yes please.

When I see knife guy I know I can never grab him. Even pressing Y is difficult, he still stabs me. I usually try to get him alone and X him to death. Thoughts?

as fr the BIG guys like the guy who bodyslams. How do you defeat him? I got all these annoying guys around so i basiclaly run like a rabbit trying to kill the small guys and then small hit him. I'm not sure if pressing Y will do much with him? still stuck at benny stage.

I made a video for you. Check out this topic:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1771

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:30 am 

Weird, I beat it the first time lol but i'm kinda used to it cause i've played many shooter games.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:45 am 

If you have problems then you may want to level up. There are a few jade statues around that will give you attacks or defenses to use. I alway run and tackle a guy with a weapon/disarm as soon as I see him close. The health shrines make a great buffer. It's like armor. I have experienced some tough fights. Also make sure you eat, drink some tea and have a soda. That way you get thoughs added buffs in a fight. It makes a difference. Also too the clothing you wear may add a % of damage when striking.