It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:56 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Multiplayer?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:08 pm 

Ok so first I would like to thank square enix for finishing such a great game that I have been waiting for a long time. I have no doubt it will be successful but I wonder if this game will have multiplayer, either co-op or online? I think adding that feature would make it even better :twisted: and people will buy it more.

Just the fighting makes would make online/co-op worth it, plus adding the gun fight and cars etc will make it highly successful. If It doesn't have it, and producers decide they should add it, could it be released as a dlc?

Again, thanks for bringing us this awesome game! :D

Post subject: Re: Multiplayer?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:25 pm 

so guys, what's your oppinion? :mrgreen: would you like co-op/multiplayer online?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:35 pm 

Absolutely, would be a fantastic and welcome surprise imo. If it does not have it though, oh well no harm done not every game needs mp/co-op.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:41 pm 
Forum Top Dog

@Double O Snap: Exactly, a true example would be Just Cause 2, stunning game, multiplayer is definitely unnecessary.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:58 pm 

I personally perfer that developers focus resources on the single player experience, and practical evidence supports this with successful (Square Enix) titles such as Deus Ex: HR, Just Cause 2, Tomb Raider, Hitman, Thief series .. etc. If the multiplayer component enhances and adds to the single player experience (reads can also be played solo with bots) and complements the story, then adding it would increase the replay value, otherwise i feel it is not necessary.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:52 am 
Forum Top Dog

It would be very cool but really I think that they should just focus on the single player if there is multiplayer then its very welcome but look at Batman Arkham City for example, It has no multiplayer but a rich and unique story with loveable characters and brilliant gameplay that game recieved a very good score and most of you on these boards I assume have either played it or own it like myself.

If they do decide to bring multiplayer to Sleeping Dogs then it should have a co op aspect not an online multiplayer. If you look at Saints Row 2 and The Third for example they both have brilliant co op letting you and your freind play every mission and every activity basically restriciting you to nothing unlike GTA IV's multiplayer (which even though I enjoy) has very limited multiplayer features I was hoping that I could do all the activities like get drunk, play pool and bowling you know things like that but with your freinds online sadly thats not the case :(

if im perfectly honest I think Sleeping Dogs is going to be better than GTA why? well because it has so much variety for an open world game I think this is the game I have been waiting for all my life, Its the type of game that you would look foward to playing when you wake up in the morning!

Twitter: https://twitter.com/GameUnboxing

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/GameUnboxingReviews

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:00 am 

osborneben067 wrote:
It would be very cool but really I think that they should just focus on the single player if there is multiplayer then its very welcome but look at Batman Arkham City for example, It has no multiplayer but a rich and unique story with loveable characters and brilliant gameplay that game recieved a very good score and most of you on these boards I assume have either played it or own it like myself.

If they do decide to bring multiplayer to Sleeping Dogs then it should have a co op aspect not an online multiplayer. If you look at Saints Row 2 and The Third for example they both have brilliant co op letting you and your freind play every mission and every activity basically restriciting you to nothing unlike GTA IV's multiplayer (which even though I enjoy) has very limited multiplayer features I was hoping that I could do all the activities like get drunk, play pool and bowling you know things like that but with your freinds online sadly thats not the case :(

if im perfectly honest I think Sleeping Dogs is going to be better than GTA why? well because it has so much variety for an open world game I think this is the game I have been waiting for all my life, Its the type of game that you would look foward to playing when you wake up in the morning!

I could not have said it better myself glad there's somebody just as excited as me for this game. "Its the type of game that you would look foward to playing when you wake up in the morning!" Yes it's been so long since this. As far as GTA's go I agree I like them a lot but if UFG and Square nail this it could get huge, because Sleeping Dogs wipes the floor with gta's clunky gameplay. Add in a possible stellar story, great graphics and you have the makings of well... GTA all over again.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:42 am 

osborneben067 wrote:

I don't know what you mean... gta 4 has a pretty fun online, the problem with that game is that it's too slow paced and they tried to make it too realistic instead of fun and full of action i.e character moves too slow, cars are way to clumsy and stuff.

This game will be fast paced, full of action, speed and interactive. having online with stuff like free mode, triads vs police battles and the best: fighting arena/tournament would surely make it one of the best games even compared to gta 5. If it had local co-op plus online then it would be the best game ever!!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:40 pm 
Forum Top Dog

Glad you all agree and yes co op would make it the best game ever but really it already sort of is!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:20 pm 

if they put in two player splitscreen i swear this game will be the best game ever!!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:25 pm 

I hate games with tacked on MP, better to just focus on the single-player.
They should have their hands full with that.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:31 pm 

Quote:
I hate games with tacked on MP, better to just focus on the single-player.
They should have their hands full with that.

Have you ever played the old true crimes? if you have you should already know how fun it is and you can keep doing cop mission after finishing the game but with online multiplayer and co-op this game would have the best replayability and fun ever! fighting tournament? triads and gang wars? maybe some racing? Don't tell me it wouldn't be fun.

I have a question though. If the game doesn't have multiplayer or online and the creators decided to add it would it be possible through a DLC or something like that?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:24 pm 

If it does end up having co-op/ multiplayer what would you like to see?

I would like to see: fighting tournaments, racing, deathmatch,and police team vs triads team.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:22 am 
Forum Top Dog

Great ideas man I really like the idea of triads vs police that would be really cool online!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:35 pm 

osborneben067 wrote:
Great ideas man I really like the idea of triads vs police that would be really cool online!

Thanks man :) I also hope there is a free mode.

I'm telling you guys, if there is 2 player co-op and online multiplayer then gta 5 and saint rows 3 would be really screwed :twisted: even without it I remember playing the old games a lot long after I finished the story, and this game will have even more features! plus multiplayer it would be any gamers dream.

I like that square enix added features that gamers really like and make it fast paced and full of action! THANKS FOR FINISHING THIS GREAT GAME THAT ACTIVISION NEVER LIKED. NOW THEY WILL PAY THE PRICE :twisted: